Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Warpy, Aug 22, 2009.

1. influx

influx Member

Its odd, At first my personal story was really generic but nn now i actually look forward to advancing it every couple of levels.

2. vid_ghost

vid_ghost Member

What island what's it called all I can see are level 80 zones that will kill me

3. bennyling

bennyling Member

Yeah, sounds about right. If you zoom all the way out I think it's called the "Ruins of Orr" or something.

4. Revenger

Revenger Member

Digital sales open again.

5. vid_ghost

vid_ghost Member

about time... no game for sale.. = no money

i also like the new promo video they made to go along with the reopening of sales! +1 for sure

6. Shawry

Shawry Member

I found this too. Story started really good, then went generic, then back to great, now my latest quest is boring! I presume it'll finish with a bang!

Has anyone else run into issues with the anti-farming code in the game.
    I spent maybe 2hrs max farming for blood in a particular area over a few days, so no hardcore farming, and now those mobs drop nothing but grey items for me! Frustrating!! :shock:

7. Asako

Asako Member

Personal story depends on the options you choose during char creation, and they are all quite different. I have three humans for their three routes, and tried a Charr and Norn, but really didn't like their style, so deleted both. Made an Asura and found the beginning story really engaging, enough that I will probably want to try the other routes too.

I don't like the poor or noble human arc, commoner was the best. Also joining the circus was more interesting than lost parents/sister, at least so far. Not finished those two yet.

8. Revenger

Revenger Member

I have abit of a system now for leveling and doing stuff.

Once my personal story takes me to a new area I will clear it out first with all hearts points skillpoints etc and do a few dynamic events then do the quest at the end after all that.

Right now my personal story has taken me to Dredgehaunt Cliffs, Did a quick wander seemed a empty zone with players and pretty tough even down leveled.

So I'll do all of Hoelbrak first in completion.

Looking at the official forum in the account section all you will see is allot of bitching of people asking for refunds and how anet somehow doesn't care about its users as well as 'OMG I was banned for nothing' posts.

Anet have said they sent out a email today with a confirmation link for those still needing help so they can prioritize allot of support issues that have been overlooked etc.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  9. Bush Elephant

Bush Elephant Member

What info about this place are you after?

Ruins of Orr is a lv 75 - 80 zone with no heart quests, its pure events. These events lead up to killing boss's in temples, eg. killing balthazar, and unlock karma vendors once complete. These vendors sell lv 80 exotic armour @ 42k karma a piece.

The first zone in orr is accessible via the bottom left corner of the previous zone (steamspur mountains 60-70 area), there is a portal, then u swim across. Progressing your personal story also takes you there.

In this zone u just join the 'zerg' which is heaps of people smashing through events via 'zerging.' Farm karma this way, or at 80 farm Citadel of Flame Explorable Magg, quickest way to farm tokens for awesome exotic weapons /armour.

Loving this game so much atm, lv 80, 119 hours played and only 47% of the map complete. Also only tried 2 dungeons so far, so much to do!

10. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

For the collectables and such (i.e. non stat increasing things like vistas), do they carry over to your other alts.
    Or do you need to discovery them on all your toons?

11. bennyling

bennyling Member

Not me, vid_ghost seemed a little confused about which area we were talking about above.

From what I've heard 70-80 is a breeze if you're in a group, can be done within a few hours.

Not that I'm too worried —*I'm just here to enjoy the ride, mostly. Gotta get some more crafting levels first, but that means farming tiny totems/small scales/vials of weak blood, small bone chips etc. Ugh!

12. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Yeah some sort of anti-farming code. They ninja patched it in a few days ago.

Get about 10-12 items in one wave... and then nothing for 15 minutes, and then another wave of 10-15 items and then nothing.

13. vinli

vinli Member

Has anyone had any luck with the "Experience Survivor" portion of the monthly achievement? I've only managed the 25k exp tier so far without either a death/disconnect/or accidentally zoning due my personal story arc.. >.<

14. IzzehO

IzzehO Member

Does it scale with level? Would it be easier at higher levels? Best I've got was 25k exp tier as well.

15. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

:/ Level 60-80 without a death, spent the better part of 70-80 in Cursed Shores level 80 area.

How do you keep dying? :confused: I dont think i've died in any of the story arc missions.

FYI the monthly is 100,000 experience. That's about half a bar of EXP at level 80.

If you want to do it without dying, you can try crafting. You can get 12-15 levels out of Level 0-400 on a craft.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  16. Bush Elephant

Bush Elephant Member

Did about 25 - 30 levels without death no problems, wasn't even trying and at the time had no idea about the monthly 100k achieve, already had it when i checked.

@ 80 this would be a joke. Enter Citadel of Flame explorable, finish it without death and bam, half a level of bonus xp (at 80) just for completing a cakewalk instance.

Farming dye's atm for the abyss dye, any suggestions as to the best farming spots? I know its a random drop off everything, but locations of heaps of mobs that respawn fast etc would be great.

Currently pulling 10+ mobs in random noob zones while i collect copper ore and cleaving them down (yes gear makes this cakewalk even with the level scaling down) to farm dye / claws / totems etc. Post your farming spot!

17. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Is there an issue with the login servers? I keep trying but the stupid game won't connect. Is it just me or are there others having the issue too?

18. ArTy

ArTy Member

19. Alby

Alby Member

Low level zones seem to have the best drop rates for dyes. Not really sure why but that's where I have been getting all mine. Any mob will do, just find a large pack of them so you can AoE them all at once.

20. Kore_5022

Kore_5022 Member

Anyone have a high level mesmer that can tell me what they think of it ?
    I have a guardian at 30, but im not really enjoying it. I mean its kinda fun but at this rate wont hold me on the game.