Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Warpy, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Borgod

Borgod Member

Where did you buy the game from?

2. insidious

insidious Member

Dinged 80 on my ranger last night, time to upgrade my abyssmal lvl60 gear :lol:

3. Borgod

Borgod Member

Yes they need to implement a system so you auto-join a group with those in your close vicinity, or at least make it easy to see where people are on the map so you know where to go without having to spam chat where people are likely to ignore you anyway.

But therein lies the importance of being in a good guild, but not everyone wants to do that so they need to make it easier for those who prefer to solo.

4. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

Squads. They need squads.

5. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

And Spawn on Group Leader

Its way to non-fun to try regroup after some of your group-mates have died on the front lines.

Running 5m across the map is not entertaining at all.

Although I'll hold off on judgement until they start the 2 week cycles, when it will become viable to spent time and effort on getting teleports up.

6. Borgod

Borgod Member

Spawn on Group Leader?
    Does any other MMO have this or have you stolen it from a certain FPS?

Either way, a fucking great idea :thumbup:

7. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Our entire guild has disappeared / gone for all members. Submitted a ticket.
    but others are reporting issues with guild banks, or editing details, etc - so I'm guessing something else has broke again..:Paranoid:

edit: also anyone who spends 100G to become a WvWvW commander, has the ability to create 50 man WvWvW raid groups apparently.. :o

8. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

It may have been stolen from an FPS.

Most MMO's have a class that can "summon" group members. This would be similar to that.

9. Alby

Alby Member

Summon group members one by one, where it takes a few people to do the summoning may be okay. But the ability too spawn on group leaders would make death meaningless in all situations. The walk back is meant to be part of your punishment for dieing.

10. ausghostdog

ausghostdog Member

Green man gaming and support got back to me and fixed the issue.

11. Revenger

Revenger Member

As mentioned I made some some mockups of stuff for when suggestions were allowed and they are now in this thread.

So here is my mockups.

Click to view full size!

My post is in the thread but linking isn't working to individual posts.

12. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

I'm pretty disappointed in reading the above. It's like players are still beta testing. So far I regret buying guildwars two. It's just not "a better" guildwars 1. :(

13. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Thats with most modern MMO's tho.
    Even WoW experienced alot of change when it was first released.
    Its just how MMO's work.

14. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

The thing I loved most about GW1 was gearing up my heroes with all my kit. 8 member parties, deck them out with my favorite weapons (which I'd been collecting for years), configure their runes with the limited money I had along with the runes I had found, then skill them up!

It was really great fun. But now, I step into GW2, starting with nothing. It just feels so meh!

15. Revenger

Revenger Member

Changes are going to happen and new features implemented I know all mmo's and games suffer from the 'Developers think best' thing in areas etc but once a mmo is released then hopefully changes can be based more on what the majority of players are asking for.

And now all the main gamework is out of the way they can work on implementing stuff players want with extended game refinements and features that are lesser priority than the actual game itself.

A developer has to choose to spend another year adding in all the little extras and systems players want or get the game shipped get all the majority exploits and issues out of the way then implement all the little extras players want when there time allows them to.

As developers do code and implement lower priority stuff they think is cool in there out of work hours at home and on weekends etc for abit of relaxation etc and to see something cool get added to the game.

Google used to dedicate Fridays to a you come to work and have Friday working with google on something you want to for abit of a change and so you can do something not stressful you enjoy.

So features etc will come and may make the game better for you and all of us in the end.

gw1 didn't have hero's till nightfall a few years down the road when population stated declining in areas then it was only 4 hero's to begin with for a year till less people played then they upped it to 8 hero's, this was done to counter the lack of real people with the needed builds for doing things.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  16. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

I'll buy it off you for $20 :p

17. Revenger

Revenger Member

Proper forum for suggestions now up consolidated thread they used before the section has been stickied for later review.

Forced to open suggestions due to many people suggesting everywhere else.

Also rest or most of the remaining forums are up it seems.

Edit: Suggestions forum is temporary there is a better system on its way.

I presume Anet is building and implementing a proper suggestions tracker.

18. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

It would add another layer of tactics. Groups of 5, with 1 Leader, who is also marked so the opposition know who the group leader is :).

Burn leader, then kill group.

19. vid_ghost

vid_ghost Member

Just got to level 80, 10 Power, 30 Toughness, 30 Vitality
    Armor is all +Toughness with +2 Magic find on each
    Using traveler weapons with +3 Magic find and Opal gems on jewelry for +3+3 Magic find
    I'm pretty much using this one as my farmer, tank.for my other players :)

Also found that night sky blue is more black (in game) then black dye is but only costs 24 Silver. vs 3 Gold

Black dye has a little bit of a purple ting to it so people are going for the Abyss Dye

Anyways i got a night sky blue dye and it looks awesome, i now have a black knight tank farmer. once I'm made enough money i may try and get him some exotic stuff but for now I'm more interested in getting some 20 slot bags ext... looks like the 75-80 - 80 Zones are the only places worth playing on level 80 i guess once allot more people level up we will see some really empty lower level zones. i think I'll be crafting my other characters up to level 80 with the loot i get with this tank farmer

20. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Great idea for open (explorable) world. Not so great for WvW.

Dying in WvW is punishment for sucking. The WvW maps are enormous for a reason. Last night TOG + randoms flipped the entire Yak's Borderlands back to our team over 5 hours, then proceeded to steam roll Tarnished Coast and Eternal Battlegrounds.

When you rout the enemy, you make them to flee. If there are stragglers, you wipe them out completely so they have to regroup at their spawn point. If they start having the ability to bypass defences i.e. inside keeps by summoning on a squad leader or commander, it takes away the point of siege defences and actually setting up a coordinated group effort. Just put in strike teams and teleport to the Keep Lord. How stupid. :rolleyes:

Let's face it. the only reason other games have mounts or "summon on guild banner" is because they dont have Asuran gates or Asuran mini-teleporters. In WvW the solution is speed buffs and team work. You do have the option of upgrading a keep to include mini-teleporters. That way anyone on your server can respawn in your keep instead of the borderlands. We attacked a keep that had one last night, we cut their reinforcements from respawning there the moment we breached their outer gate. Then it was a simple matter of routing the remaining defenders from the map.