Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Warpy, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Ballza

Ballza Member

Just hit level 22, playing casually, which means my interest is kept instead of smashing through the content / levels.

The Trading Post is awesome, bit like the Eve Market, could do with some fleshing out more.

They need to do something about having items the same price as vendor items when sold though, lol, TP is where I'm making my money

Once I got 20 Silver, started playing the Trading Post, I'm at ~20 gold now. More capital, more profit. Should be easier to get a solid flow of Gold. Not sure how long it will last due to the above (vendor prices in TP)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  2. vid_ghost

vid_ghost Member

What how did u do it ... how did u make so much gold ?

3. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

playing the commodities? nice

i prefer farming but the TP is a nice way to make fast money if u know what to do :lol:

4. Ballza

Ballza Member

Cant give away the secret :D But its basically, buy low, sell high!
    Like buying something for ~1 silver and then selling it for ~8 silver

It'd be nice if it was more fleshed out, like Eve's market is.

And the problem is, there is plenty of items for sale, that are selling at the vendor price.
    So say an item sells at the vendor for 1 silver 20 copper.
    Your only allowed to put in a custom order at the price it sells at a vendor (or higher), so the buy price is 1 silver 20 copper....But then people are also selling the item at 1 silver 20 copper.

So no profit there, and I can see this becoming a majority for most items. They need to change that. Part of the problem is that you can sell items to the TP from anywhere.

5. Everlong

Everlong Member

So dying as a dozen people vs. a 100 man zerg is sucking eh?

If your on a lopsided WvW gameplay is this: spawn, run for 5 minutes, die in 3 nanoseconds to the zerg, rinse and repeat.

Sure you'll probably say join a big guild or organise a big group but if you don't have the numbers you just don't have the numbers.

6. Revenger

Revenger Member

Everytime I go to the tp to see everything I get is being sold as cheap prices.

I do however sell a little lower than what is listed if something is there say sell 5 silver buyer wants 200 at 2 silver ill sell at 6 silver for a easy sale with good profit.

Have been making 20 silver a day on average just on the tp if I'm running through zones killing mobs etc sometimes a little more. Then I make the rest though vender which is the same as lowest price on tp pretty much and no waiting on selling it.

I never really find anything that sells for high its all being sold by sellers at low costs but then again I'm level 50 in zones where my story takes me.

7. Autti

Autti Member

Does OCAU have a TS/Vent channel for GW2? Getting bored playing by myself

8. vid_ghost

vid_ghost Member

Ahh, well I'm going to go farm the level 80 zones for the rarest matts... looks like there's allot of gold to be made in those area's..
    The beating my player can take is just nuts! even in level 80 zones.. I'm a one man group of people. haha

9. Asako

Asako Member

Does the kill zhaitan story quest require a group to run Arah or is it soloable as a story unit? Don't really want to do an 80 dungeon til I've done the rest. Or joined a guild since pugging them is likely to be unkind.

10. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Congratulations on Mustering a larger zerg than the other team I guess.
    Dying in WvW often has little to do with player ability, and more to do with outright numbers. A TOG player sayign "Dying is punishment for Sucking"... no surprises there. I guess TOG MMO players are cut from the same cloth as TOG FPS players.

Idea can be modified, limited number of spawns, out of combat only... Badge cost for spawn etc... Even something a simple as a reasonably cheap mobile spawn point for your group could be used to increase the fun, without unbalancing siege. For a Game called "Guild Wars", a 5 minute run through the Jungle to meet up with my guild mates leads to More "Guild Waits"

Many other games have a form of fast travel... in addition to summon on giuld banner.

This is done because the game developers realise that Running for 5 minutes, to get killed in 5 seconds, to run for another 5 minutes IS NOT FUN.

At no point did I advocate that the Entire server can spawn on a single person. Just simply, that a mechanic that allowed groups to play AS GROUPS easier would be appreciated.
    As I said originally, I'll hold out on judgement until I see how it works with more time and desire to erect teleporters at strategic locations

11. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

You are really funny. We were up against enemy zerg on Tarnished Coast that matched our own forces. We started with 10 players hitting smaller objectives, by middle of the session we had more than 80 guildies + Yak's Bend's regular WvWers onboard hitting forts and defending supplies against a TC mob of about the same size.

And my comment about stop sucking really comes down to you learning how to play. GW2 is hardly a game to call "brutal". The only inconvience is a small fee for repairs and rallying with your guild. Your complaints are really lame.

There are many things you can do to remain discrete as you sneak through the Borderlands (especially those trying to ninja farm, take vistas, get skill points and do jumping puzzles) and a zerg enemy wave or skirmish is anything but discrete. So staying out of sight shouldnt be that difficult.

Running into the middle of zerg is just plain bad luck. Here is a tissue for your tears.

A group of 5 TOGs kept a mass of 30+ invaders at bay with two cannons and an arrow cart (until reinforcements arrived to rout the invaders). Maybe you'll revise that comment after learning to play.

And if we ever meet on the open battlefield i will joyfully knock you into the ground and drop a cow on your corpse! :lol:

12. Alby

Alby Member

I do not see why people hate running. Its quite relaxing and amusing jumping off cliffs to near death. If you get bored running then just make sure you have more speed buffs or learn the shortcuts.

Getting behind enemy lines is actually rather easy when your solo, no one seems to notice or care about you. If people were able to then spawn on me, even a small number, it would change how battles work completely. For example, someone could run wide and then have half the zerg port behind the enemy zerg. That would just be complete BS. Before you say that it could be done already, indeed it could, but it is 1000x easier to notice 20 people moving away than it is one.

Perhaps they could add something like transport (fast) Dolyak's that leave from the main base and head out towards the outer points owned by the same server. Basically a fast means of getting back to the battle. It could leave on a periodic basis and take a set route, so it could be intercepted by the enemy zerg.

13. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Spoken in the condescending manner of a true ToG member...

At no stage did I say that the PvP was brutal... just that the "Run Back" was not a fun mechanic. But thats OK, continue to setup your straw-men.

Wharggle? Defending a fortified position is easier than attack it??? Surely not?

Watching 1/2 a zerg follow you off a cliff and to their (and your) deaths is funny.

Swiftness is a funny one, most professions can get perma-swiftness, but it comes at a high cost. If someone catches me while i'm in Run-mode, Its rare that I'll be able to kill them, and if they have a few cooldowns available, its rare that even with swiftness, I'll be able to out-run them.

How about, in any given group, 3 people can team up to Summon their remaining 2 members. :)... I just want a way to rejoin my group quickly. If I wanted to play a running game, I'm sure London2012 would have me covered.

14. Alby

Alby Member

You got to be smart when running even with swiftness. You need to stop and check ahead of you at times, check the map for where the enemy might be, before you jump down a cliff use the height advantage to see where you are going. As soon as you get near the enemy then swap your skills, keep your most necessary ones always on the bar. Ive been caught a few times while running, but never really had an issue with 1v1 even without all my utility skills. Maybe you need to look at your build? A lot of players I have come across in WvW neglect any sort of defense in their builds which just makes them squishy. Id rather 1v1 a squishy power house over a tanked defender any day.

I will never like the idea of being able to summon players especially in PvP/WvW. All you would need is 3 people to stay somewhere close to the fight but a safe distance away and then cycle through everyone that dies. What is stopping you from summoning then kicking them from party to add another to summon? Also you would still have the issue of being able to summon behind enemy lines. The whole idea of the current setup is so that you know when you kill someone then they cant come immediately back and that you can devise a strategy around where the enemy zerg will be coming from according to what points they control. Add in being able to spawn basically anywhere and you reduce the advantage of strategy and just make it more of a zerg-fest than it currently is.

15. Sash85

Sash85 Member

Trading Post Calculator

Just an FYI for anyone planning on making gold on the TP, The calculator takes into account the -15% (5% listing + 10% selling fee) the TP takes.

http://namtar.com/gw2/tpcalc/

16. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

nice find. :thumbup:

17. occxlr8ed

occxlr8ed Member

Summoning only restricted in PvE could work, on a timer at like once every 6 hours or something.

18. EyeOfFaith

EyeOfFaith Member

The OCAU vent is v63.darkstarllc.com port: 4652

There are usually several of us on every night.

19. glasnt

glasnt Member

Might as well put this up now: can I please get an invite to the OCAU Guild? glasnt.8457

I've up to lvl 53, crafting tier 3 in huntsman/leatherworking.

I need to stop playing the crafting game though. You get more XP by crafting armor from an insignia than you do just crafting the insignia, but you could just sell the insigna at the moment and get most of your money back, but having that shiny armor all to yourself.. argg.

20. Blackass

Blackass New Member

To my way of thinking GW2 should never have mounts. Mounts are a fundamental building block and presitge item that was created and enhanced by WoW. It may have been in earlier MMOs but when you think mounts you think WoW. Now, if GW2 introduces mounts then it moves the game towards being a WoW clone ala SWTOR, and it's the differences between the games that are important, not the similarities. If the desire to have mounts comes from the ever increasing costs of using the teleports, then the solution is to look at whether the cost of teleports should be reduced, not taking a mechanic from WoW and putting it in GW2.