Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Warpy, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

The main gripe i've been hearing from WvW necro is that pets dont do anything useful and you're forced into a mid-range support role for almost all the fights. Wells are a bit hit and miss because most people instinctively dive out of red circles and because there is so much going on many will also dive out of blue circles :)

The secondary health bar u get as an undead form.... do you lose it faster if you take hits or is it duration based on ranks of andrenalin/mana?

2. Blackass

Blackass New Member

Hits deplete it. Fast.

3. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Last time someone did their lich form thing i didnt know what it was and just left them. Next time i'll go bleed them with me axes. :p

4. RnR

RnR Member

Whats the status with login servers? I can't seem to login. I see from their twitter page that there is alot of maintenance going on atm.

5. unbridledenthus

unbridledenthus Member

It is rubbish ... I kept playing it and wondered why now am diseintrested in the game all together as it never got any better

6. h2oxide

h2oxide Member

Disagree with the Flame Citadel comment, it looks rubbish

7. frostee

frostee Member

Anyone else having a lot of dropping out and general slowness problems? I have two internet connections, one very basic slow one and a very fast one (for work) and the basic one drops out all the time. I just find it unusual as on the same connection I can dualbox two Eve accounts without any issues.

8. Riskbreaker

Riskbreaker Member

One big thing i miss bout GW 1, is the fact that its near impossible to solo your way through. a party players or a henchemen is required. This solo'ing business is getting boring real fast

9. Sugarfly

Sugarfly Member

I play Necro and I only do pvp matches. I find a lot of people complaining about them but I think people need to learn about working to their strengths in tournies. I play minion master build some nights which can be pretty successful as I get plenty of cc, 21k hp and just under 1900 toughness. If the side needs some aoe go conditionmancer bit squishier but couple of good epidemics can change a match. Necros aren't easy to play which I enjoy and a couple of bug fixes could really help them like corrupt boon turning stability into a condition.

I know you guys were talking about pve but I am only level 15 in pve so don't do much of that obviously.

WvW well you are going to have lots of problems there with the minions I would not worry about running minions in this situation if you were with a large group. AOE will wreck them and people troll their AI in tournaments jumping of ledges and things then 15s later the minions get to them taking the long way round.

TDLR I wouldn't give up on the Necro. But

10. bennyling

bennyling Member

Damn, crafting mats are hard to get.

Farming via mobs can be a little hit or miss (provided you can even find the right mobs that drop what you need — and consistently), and whilst buying from the TP is fast and easy, it gets expensive pretty quickly so you have to make gold via other means.

11. Alby

Alby Member

The plate looks nice. But the dungeon itself is buggy as all hell now after their "fix". If you die on the lava stage then its pretty much GG as the guy you need doesn't reset and will just keep insta-dieing.

Yep. Humanoids are best, the little packets they all drop seem to have the best drop rate for mats.

12. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

We're still going to farm flame citadel for the armors, but yeah the "bugs" caused by the "fix" is problem

13. disguisey

disguisey Member

Can someone please invite 'Deepmixtup.7961' to the guild

14. vid_ghost

vid_ghost Member

Ok!... so i found myself a little short of online cash... 2.5 silver after spending big on some items... ( all mats sold )
    thought, hmmm Buy some gems, convert to gold, too easy then I'll have some spare extra cash to blow on armor fixes and Teleport.

I just DO NOT have the time to spend farming at the moment, busy with work.

So after doing the maths i found out that $10 dollars = 800 Gems = 1.6 Gold
    That's 1 Gold, 60 Silver WOW is it me or is that a complete rip off?
    After looking online for a few minutes on quick ways to make gold, i found a current map of Orichalcum node locations.. spent about 20 minutes running to each one and picked up berries and ancient wood along the way Bingo!! i had my 1.6 Gold "i normally farm for hours"

Is Arenanet stupid or something. I Feel sorry for the people buying this over priced gold when the game first came out paying $10 for 800 Gems would net you 2.5Gold

Now before anyone talks about gold buying sites at 8 Gold for $10. Arena net is banning anyone who buys from them with a vengeance. so just keep it on the topic of the price of the market going crazy!..

Ohh and looking at the cost of items, its looking like sets of Exotics have been getting cheaper as the gold in the market has been drying up... everyone is broke trying to get full exotic gear and looking at the gem store for quick gold.

(I havent yet, but i would only by gems for gold to support Arena net and save me a few hours of farming .. not to get ahead)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  15. BobTurke

BobTurke Member

I agree.

IMO their $ to gem conversion needs to be about halved. I'm not keen to spend more than $5 just for another bank slot for example.

16. vid_ghost

vid_ghost Member

Also i have no idea how this game economy is going to work when Gold buys you everything (cheapo gems being one thing) and gems buy you nothing. ( nothing worthwhile and nothing you can just convert a little gold to get )

I thought Arena net wanted us support them with our money rather with spend hours and hours grinding away!

FYI, a few people have paid another $60 bux to buy another copy of GW2 and linked that account together with their current one to get an extra 5 Character slots and 1 bank slot. lol

Much better value i think.

17. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

You do realise it has no subscription fee's right?
    This is how they make their money, as with most MMO's that have no subscription fee's.

You want to buy it, be prepared to pay the cost they what you charge you.
    If not just farm it.

18. vid_ghost

vid_ghost Member

The point is that your talking about 20 minutes of farming VS $10.
    They would make so much more money if they at LEAST put it back to what 800 Gems could get you when the game first came out.. that was 2.5Gold for $10, VS 1.6 Gold now.

19. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

You have to think about the economy aswell.
    If people are able to easily buy money, then the prices of things on the auction house (or whatever its call) will sky rocket.
    Then people will have to resort to buying money to get ingame items because farming the money will be too hard.

Pricing money JUST outside of peoples "ill just buy the gold instead of farming it" range makes sense, it doesnt damage the economy.

20. vid_ghost

vid_ghost Member

You don't understand though... people ARE hurting the economy!!!

People are farming for 20 minutes to get 1.6 Gold... and driving prices up for sort after mat's/items and driving priced down of midrange mat's/items to the point your much better off selling to a merchant.

Arena net gets no REAL money, i thought they wanted to make money from this game. if it takes days to farm 1.6 gold ok sure $10 is fine but it doesn't,

Gold is worth more and easy to farm.. Gems are losing value because people don't want the crap on the Gem store they want the Items on the Trading house and Gold is what gets them that. Arena net want people to either grind for hours or pay them money! not sure what they are thinking here. But grinding gives them nothing, it oversupplies the Trading house with junk and reduces the value of gold, as its easy to make by grinding, Once more people are at level 80 just watch how this market is going to crash!