Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Warpy, Aug 22, 2009.

1. BobTurke

BobTurke Member

Scroosh you are invited now.

2. insidious

insidious Member

I went Valkyrie (Power/Crit Dmg/Vit) for my armour pieces and berserker everything else. Get a L400 Weaponsmith/Huntsman/Leatherworker to craft these, should be about 3g per piece :thumbup:

3. Scroosh

Scroosh Member

Sweet as soon as I logged in and joined I logged back out and got straight on Crystal Desert!

4. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Bunch of oldies flipped Stonemist Castle for TOG.

[​IMG]
    Guild Wars 2 by Avaery, on Flickr

Then we activated all our buffs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fear the Kraken!
    [​IMG]

Also we think Blackgate is a contender for one of the top WvW servers, so those of you with OCAU on Crystal Desert may run into them in the next few cycles. They are a really good server to compete against in WvW. :thumbup:

5. vid_ghost

vid_ghost Member

6. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

as per comments in the thread, the locations vary on each server and change every week or after a patch.

However i wouldnt be surprised if more than one server share the same rotations.

7. Revenger

Revenger Member

New report feature today 'gold selling' as a item in drop downs.

Start reporting more of those gold sellers.

8. Alby

Alby Member

I'm sure its just random per restart where each node appears. Mapping each restart will slowly show where the more common spots are and thus make it easier to find them after a restart in the future.

Finally. Although I am already sick of reporting them, every time I log on I have 2-3 mail from gold sellers and receive a couple more while online. Surely it has to be getting expensive for these gold sellers to keep buying accounts?

9. HunterBunter

HunterBunter Member

They'll continue doing it as long as people keep buying it.

I don't really get it, though, unless it's lots cheaper than what ANet charge themselves via the diamond thingies.

10. h2oxide

h2oxide Member

Can confirm these aren't the same in Crystal Desert as I've been doing Orr Orich node runs

Yeah it's quite a bit cheaper

11. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

How does the Gem -> Gold and Gold -> Gem market work?

Is it player controlled? or set at an arbitrary limit?

12. IzzehO

IzzehO Member

Best I could tell you can only trade at the going rate, so I don't see how or why it varies.

It's a pretty rubbish system. I bought $10 worth cause it was in an old paypal account and it scored me like 1.8 gold. Very much not worth it imo.

13. vid_ghost

vid_ghost Member

That same $10 at first day launch day would get you 2.5Gold.. and checking last night that $10 would get you 2.23Gold
    So its really up and down but i agree your better off spending the gems on unlocking bag slots, bank tabs or extra character slots...
    Also converting gold to gems is also rubish...
    as of last night 800 gems = 2.23 gold 2.23 gold = 660 gems
    So unless you farm the gold for free paying cash to exchange for gold is a bad idea.
    I spent $20 for 1600 gems that i'm just leaving in there for A: cool looking skins that come out and B: if the exchange rate ever goes crazy like 1600 Gems = 20 gold or sometihng

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  14. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

i spent 50 and unlocked all the bag and bank slots. then i bought enough gems to unlock all the character slots. done :thumbup:

15. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Since the last patch I'm having problems with starting the client occasionally.

It'll attempt to start, capture the pointer from the desktop, but do nothing else. I have to end the task then when I try to restart it again it has an issue access the archive or something.

I have to then kill the GW2 process, wait for it to release the lock on the archive THEN it'll start normally =/

16. iSANTA

iSANTA Member

Just deicded to give GW2 a shot! Never played an MMO apart from EVE Online. We got any newbies on Crystal Desert that want to level up?

Cheers

17. Scroosh

Scroosh Member

I just found something really cool for anyone that is an engi...

The first toolbelt trait (10 points) you can get a skill that gives you swiftness for 5 seconds when you change toolkit weapons.

So you can just run around swapping between 2 tool kits and you have unlimited swiftness.

After 2.5 seconds you can change weapons again to top it up so it is a constant stream of swiftness.

I've been swapping between flamethrower and elixr gun and it works like a charm.

Was wasting my time using the elixir that gives you swiftness and can now use that slot for something actually useful!

18. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Elixir gun is awesome for group events. Heals, removes conditions, aoes...only wish it would auto-fire when you switch.

19. japes

japes Member

20. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

that was funny :lol: