1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Warpy, Aug 22, 2009.

1. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Hey guys, it's Chinese New Year soon, and GW2 has "The Lunar Festival" content up in Divinity's Reach.

They've set up a vendor, Phaedra who sells 3 lots of Lucky Red Envelopes full of luck stuff and goodies. Whilst it seems expensive at a whopping 15G to buy all the envelopes (which you can only do once a day) Your net loss will be 1-2G max, as you get a lot of "junk" loot worth almost what you paid for in total, (and sometimes you make a profit)

Also there's a PvP arena called "Dragonball" It's basically Unreal Tournament in Guild Wars 2. Very coolly set up. Fast paced 5v5 pvp shooting each other, colecting powerups, health orbs, jumping around the arena.

ALSO there's new Black Lion Claim Ticket weapons to celebrate the occasion. All golden lion stuff, selling for 1 ticket each.

Get into it now, won't be around long I'd wager.

2. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

I find db arena rather boring. Laggy too.

3. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Black angel wings backpack in gemstore for 1 day only, clocks ticking.

4. Lupuscrux

Lupuscrux Member

i decided to update my game(haven't played since dec 2012) let it go overnight and was still going this morning. I'm hoping to jump on tonight see if i cant remember how to play....

5. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Nar everything has changed. You'll need to learn everything from the ground again.

The gear grind is somewhat different now with ascended gear, and inflation is through the roof. Although there are manageable ways to obtain ascended gear if you play consistently everyday and do the daily rewards.

Those black wings look terrible! :p

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  6. Lupuscrux

Lupuscrux Member

Arrr your not wrong, I have NFI what I'm doing in this game any more. lol i did get to open 2 birthday prezzies tho

7. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Crystal nomad outfit was on sale last night.

FYI returners, try metabattle.com for builds or even dulfy.

8. 2SHY

2SHY Member

Crystal Nomad looks good on pretty much none of my toons. No loss.

9. Manbag

Manbag Member

Just did the same with my engineer :) now to keep playing him and stop levelling alts!

10. onggie

onggie Member

Question I started a warrior. First time ever in an MMO and I really don't like it. I always play spellcasters but thought I'd give it a change. Anyway I only got to 40 with the warrior. I think I'm going to roll a Mesmer, is there any sort of power leveling I can do? I read that you can get a scroll that gives you instant level 20. Where do I attain such item? I have saved all my XP boosts from my warrior to send over to a new char.

11. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

12. Manbag

Manbag Member

Hey dude - you may not have the instant level 20 scroll: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experience_Scroll

The best suggestion is not getting stuck in one map cleaning up every little heart or seeing all the vistas. If there is an event on and you're close, then get in there. More than likely you'll finish the event and have even finished the heart at the same time.
    Make sure you're at the level the map suggests as you'll certainly earn more xp than if you're above the suggested level cap.
    Have you joined a guild or got friends to play with? I'm happy to team up as that makes the levelling much quicker too.

My friend ID is Boglet.6893

13. onggie

onggie Member

OK more to the question of power leveling. I have read the wiki and I Dont know what the drop rates of the scroll are.

14. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

There are no drop rates. See the page for the scroll? Under acquisition, it tells you how to get them.

Basically put, you need a character at least a year old to get one in the mail.

15. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I started playing this game again as I only made it to lvl 12 when it was released :lol:

What i'm hoping someone can help me with is I go to a heart and it tells me what to do. Then I find that I spend ages running around like a dope trying to find where the mobs/items are

Is there anything that'll make finding my quest objectives more easy?

Also to get bonus skill points at first can I only get them in my race starting area? I am lvl 12 and have 0 and when I go to the skill point things in the zone i'm in they keep telling me to go away and I can't interact with them (I'm in the human starting zone) whereas my bro who is the appropriate race for that zone is able to interact with the skill points just fine

I picked a plant woman (Sylvari?) and I like the fact that at night her hair and skin glows red and orange, that's pretty cool

16. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

The skillpoints tell you to go away?! Odd, shouldn't do that. Skill points/race type are completely irrelevant, you can get all skill points with every race type. The ONLY thing race does is segregate cultural armours. That's it.

As for quest objectives, 9 times out of 10 you have a huge scribbled circle to do the objectives for hearts in when you hover over heart.

Other times you just faff around. While some hearts aren't super apparent, none are truly difficult to figure out how to complete.

17. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

weird. there is two in the starting zone i'm playing with. The rat guy says that i'm not a dragon and won't do anything but I know he does more than that as i've seen him attack other people but he won't deal with me :/ and the other one says something about a trial but the only option I have is "I'll come back later"

No idea what i'm doing wrong there :lol:

18. Tarkhein

Tarkhein Member

Most likely there is an NPC nearby that changes your form to something else, then you initiate and complete the skill point. For the rat/dragon one, you've already completed the skill point and can move on.

19. insidious

insidious Member

Now that stability is stack-based instead of duration-based...RIP WvW Zerg busting. Now its just whoever has the most guardians and eles wins the fight :rolleyes:

20. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

That Skritt one in Queensdale is easy. Skritt LOVE shineys. He's surrounded by junk, or as he sees it, "Shineys". Go pick something up, he'll attack you then.