1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Warpy, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Ah figured I'd be missing something obvious. I'm sad that a large patch went out today as I was starting to get into the game... I'll have to wait till I'm uncapped next week to play :(

2. onggie

onggie Member

Thanks, I went into WvW last night, seem pretty quick to level in there.

3. Manbag

Manbag Member

Good to hear dude, let me know if you want to team up too!

4. onggie

onggie Member

Yeah deffs, I'll spend some time in there get some levels. I don't know how fast your meant to leave but I got to 10 in about 1hr or just under. So I'll get to something reasonable because every is 80 and I'll hit you up.

5. fenixblack

fenixblack Member

6. Manbag

Manbag Member

Don't forget that no matter what map you're in a level 80 person will get levelled to the map level. So you can always team up with friends or go back to clean up a map you missed out on earlier.

7. OP
    OP
    Warpy

Warpy Member

Wow! Not visited this thread since I started it in 2009! :eek:

8. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

worked out what I was doing wrong... NOTHING!

Turns out you cannot interact with skill points prior to lvl 13... would have been nice if it TOLD ME rather than me scratching my head going WTF why can't I use it? and why can't I see them on the map????

My bro was also talking about map completion and I was confused as I couldn't see what my bro was talking about and I'm like WTF you on about and couldn't work out how to turn it on....

Turns out you need at least one character of lvl 15 to see it. That's a strange choice to disable the ability to view map completion until a certain level

9. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Yeah i dont think that's right, because i picked up skill points from level 3 and onwards. You probably ran into a bug. There have been.... problems lately.

10. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Question, do you have a high level char on your account? or is yours brand new? because it seems to go by if you have A high level character on your account which I don't. I hit 13 and magically all the skill points appeared on my map and I could interact with them whereas prior to that even the ones you attuned to I couldn't use and I dinged 15 and suddenly the zone completion thing appeared on my map too and the level up perk box told me that it just unlocked so I am pretty sure it's meant to work like that

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  11. Tarkhein

Tarkhein Member

Nightwish is right, Arenanet changed how levelling up works for new characters back in September 2014. It was part of a push to ease new players into the game without overwhelming them, but in my experience it's pointless and unnecessary - case in point, there are underwater areas in every starting zone and you cannot fight until you've unlocked underwater combat (Level 8).

Vistas are unlocked at level 10, Skill challenges at level 13, Weapon swapping at level 15.

More info here.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  12. Perko

Perko Member

Ergh tell me about it. I never had a client crash until about a month ago; now it's a gamble as to whether I will crash out of high population world boss fights.

I'm on SoS; account name Perko.9430
    Have you got a guild sorted, Nighwish? Our guild is good for helping new players along if you're interested.

13. Strifian

Strifian Member

So, anyone know any good ways to make lots of Gold? Mystic Forge just ate 30g...

14. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

speedrun dungeons.

15. onggie

onggie Member

Question with dungeons. I have never gone in because all the groups are full of level 80s. Do I basically just wait to 80 to experience these or try team up with level 80s?

16. Strifian

Strifian Member

When you find groups with all welcome in the title or anything along those lines people generally don't mind

17. onggie

onggie Member

I'll keep an eye out for them. Cheers.

18. Strifian

Strifian Member

Found an Elder Wood Logging Node after doing about 5-6 Black Lion Key Runs (make a character, craft to 10, do level 10 quest line to get Black Lion Key). After I get it, I'm looking at the trading post, checking the transaction fees for it, then suddenly in the blink of an eye it's gone, sold for 2 copper, but I have 1 copper to pick up after transaction fees :tongue:

Fairly sure it just let the lowest buy order take it, apparently something to do with last patch and people trying to get around listing fees :thumbdn:

[​IMG]

19. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Bad luck.

When you sell you are always filling someone else's buy order, this is to finish the sale with no wait time - but usually at less value for the benefit of a quick sale.

People usually take advantage of this by setting really low buy orders to fool the unwary seller of its true value.

If you want a decent price you should list it instead of selling, but you have to wait until someone buys it, but someone can under cut you in price, drags out, etc.

EvE Online is similar.

20. Strifian

Strifian Member

All true. I was undercut 5 or so times in the few hours I had my logging node up on TP, then when I was going to list it for the second time it auto sold :tongue:

Always use the TP with a parental guardian kids