1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Warpy, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Strifian

Strifian Member

[​IMG]

I'll make half that money back at least, thank you key runs :tongue:

Edit: Anet just gave me back my Elder Wood Logging Node :D will be very careful on TP this time though..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  2. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

You can join the groups that are looking to do the story or titles that say "hard mode, explorable, anyone welcome" along those lines.

The speed runs are quite specific with keywords like "Level 80 Only, full ascended zerk, SPEED RUN, p1 p2 p3 etc" which basically means "NO NEWBIES".

You need level 80 exotic gear (easy to get) to do the speed runs. The ascended gear can be obtained through a few months of work. It'll take longer for your ascended armor and weapon sets though. The meta dungeon speed clear builds consists of classes full of ascended berserker gear and accessories, but i typically run knight exotics (on shoutaxe warrior) and ascended berserker accessories for high burst crit damage, group heal and condition removal.

You also need to know the dungeon paths and what speed runners are doing, because the moment you ask you'll probably get booted. Speed runs skip a lot of crap and bypass dungeon mechanics to get them done as quickly as possible. It's best not to join a group advertised as speed/farming run if you haven't done them before. Or if you're up to it, fake being able and don't become a burden and learn the paths pronto. Dulfy site has some info and do your own research.

Also it's pretty easy to tell if someone's not up to snuff with a speed run. Dress correctly for the occasion (wave your shiniest weapon available, a legendary if you have one) and don't fall behind.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  3. Sub_Atomic

Sub_Atomic Member

So, I haven't played Guildwars 2 since before the first expansion. Is it decent to get back into again? I liked playing Necro but always felt stupidly fragile. The class balancing was a bit weird when I was playing. Is it fair to say it's been ironed out a little?

4. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

3 bars of health, how is it fragile? :lol:

5. Sub_Atomic

Sub_Atomic Member

What's the fastest way to level? I want to get my guardian or thief (which one's best you reckon?) into WvW.

6. retz.x

retz.x Member

WvW will level you pretty quickly. Guardian will be more useful if you want to stick with the zerg. Thief if you want to roam/scout.

7. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Guardian has a loot stick. :thumbup:

8. onggie

onggie Member

Recently doing this and found WvW at lower levels then a combination of dungeons and world events when you can.

9. Cadbury

Cadbury Member

10. insidious

insidious Member

Starting up small-man/roaming wvw groups on Maguuma again after a 1.5yrs hiatus, hit me up :)

11. Sub_Atomic

Sub_Atomic Member

Leveled a guard, necro and I also have my warrior at/to level 80. Started a ranger with left over tomes but bored quickly at level 63. Working on a mesmer at the moment for better roaming capabilities and getting away capabilities. Guard is fun in the zerg and pve though. Roaming I always get minced, lol

12. Everlong

Everlong Member

The base game of GW2 is now free, so if you wanted to try the game now is the time :)

13. cesario

cesario Member

Hey all,

Just returned back to GW2 after about a year without internet so I have alot of catching up to do.
    Im not exactly new to the game but im not exactly pro either and only have a mid knowledge about the game as its pretty excessive.
    Looking for some new people to hang around that arnt PvP and arnt going to flame the crap out of me for making small mistakes as i only play for fun.

dumped around 600 hours over the past 1100 days

Anyone keen? would really appreciate hanging around some active peeps

cesario.7532

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  14. ernie

ernie Member

Seems to be huge lag packet loss to the GW2 servers atm.

Also effecting the Aion servers, and some reports of battle.net servers dropping packets too.

The culprit seems to be transit across telia.net routers.

I don't know who they are, but it seems to effect a lot of MMOs at the same time.

GW2 is currently unplayable due to the lag.

- Ernie.

15. cesario

cesario Member

Been playing for the past few hours and havnt noticed a thing

16. crepuscular

crepuscular Member

happened again tonight :thumbdn:

seems like Telstra's network maybe taking a different route, did pings to gw2 map servers from my phone, 0 packet dropped :upset:

17. dinkleton

dinkleton Member

Who here is playing GW2 in preparation for HoT? I've decided to get back into it.

Which server is a good server to be on for Oceanic players right now, for WvW?

Thinking I might reroll an Elementalist, always loved how they play - rotations are quite technical, have to try to get my head around it.

Also probably LF Guild at some point, if anyone knows any fairly active Oceanic guilds let me know :)

18. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Ha! Technical? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 F2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, F3, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc

Rinse repeat.

19. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Dude, speak to Knights Australia. Big guild, totally friendly, regular massive guild mission runs.

20. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Agree with Ferris there. Elemental...

F1, 1, 2, 3, F2, 1, 2, 3, F3, 3, F1, 1, 2, 3 repeat... :rolleyes:

Warrior bard / Axe/Warhorn

7, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1, F1, 2, 1, 1, 1, F1, repeat...

The only time GW2 ever gets technical is facing the front line of a WvW deathstack / hammer train.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015