Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Warpy, Aug 22, 2009.

1. dinkleton

dinkleton Member

You're taking traits that enable you to lower the cooldown of some attunements depending on certain conditions... so you end up switching between attunements very often. I think if you just run through attunement spamming 1-5 you'll perform very sub par since some of those abilities are very situational.

Just one weapon combo example.

I'm on Magumar or whatever it is, couldn't get on any of the other top servers as they were full/locked. Enjoying it for now though :)

2. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Whatever dude, Having a GF and myself with 100s of hours in Elementalist says otherwise. Even watch some of the Best PvPers. Most of it is almost exactly as I said.

Of course, I'm being tongue-in-cheek, but there's really NOT as much to it as you're making out.

Run a PvP thief if you want technical, or shit, a glass cannon Mesmer.

3. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

The Expansion is available for download now.

4. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

Bought GW2 on launch, played it once but it never hooked me like the first. Am I giving it a second shot, considering the release of this new expansion?

5. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Shrug, can't answer that for you. Without a level 80 though, the expansion isn't going to bring much to the table for you.

Expansion gives:

1 new character class
    1 new elite build spec for each class (which unlocks a new weapon type for each class)
    More legendaries, and new ways to acquire them
    Aion-like glider travelling movement on the new maps.
    Account wide "mastery" earnt after level 80. (faster run speed in cities, auto-loot, faster gathering etc etc)
    Incredibly engaging enemy combat with telegraphs a-la Wildstar on new maps. Mobs are a LOT harder in the new zones.
    Better map wide meta-events.
    Guild halls. (a raid-like event to acquire, was very fun to acquire ours, 150+ people participated, and it scales. Has been done with a 5 man party)
    Raids (coming soon)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  6. Everlong

Everlong Member

I tried to reactivate my account that I purchased at launch, yet could not prove I did actually purchase it, so now I can no longer access my account. Still get their mail spam though.

7. | Jman |

| Jman | Member

Hi I have been lurking on the site for a while and thought I'd sign up recently. I am relatively new to GW2 and was looking to gain some OCAU people to play with online. I get rather board playing solo.

8. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

And that was Halloween. More of the same as last year. Pretty fun. The Mad King's Labyrinth was a good way to get lowbies up to 80.

9. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Raids are now out, as of the 17th. Sorry for taking so long to mention this.

Also, this GW2 official news about it is from August 29th, but relevant.

clicky!

10. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

I started playing this. Got to level 10. As a new MMO player I'm liking it.
    Why is no one here talking about it? Is it dead? Is there something better that I should be playing?

11. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

It got boring for me. The expansion was not worth revisiting.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  12. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

What Pinkeh said. Nothing inherently wrong with GW2, but it becomes a massive grind fest when you hit level cap. You'll be doing the same monotonous actions over and over when you give yourself a goal to work towards, over the course of weeks and months.

Still, its combat is pretty good, not as good as the system BDO brought out, but a close second.

13. superlanboy

superlanboy Member

GW2 was my first big MMO as well and I had a blast playing for the first 80 odd hours. As the other's have mentioned, it gets pretty tedious after that, especially if you're not a fan of it's PvP. However game is definitely not dead with the devs adding new things every few months.

14. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

Is it worth going to Black Desert?

15. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Played the ring out of it for 6 months, 2 years ago, good MMO.
    Played the ring out of BDO for 6 months recently, also a good MMO. :thumbup:

16. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Define worth?

You pay once, its got no sub. You don't need to spend a cent but some people are impulsive or like shiny costumes.

But on the topic... both GW2 and BDO are fine games. Most people here just got bored after a while.

17. boneburner

boneburner Member

Season 3 Trailer: The Head of the Snake

Fairly terrible trailer effort from Anet, not up to their usual standards at all.

18. boneburner

boneburner Member

Expansion 2: Path of Fire

A return to Elona and the Crystal Desert - and with mounts!

I'm only posting this as a courtesy to a game I enjoyed for a long while - but to tell you the truth I find it hard to get excited about anymore. In fact I watched the announcement and the first thing to pop into my head was...

19. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Finally!! :wired:

20. dinkleton

dinkleton Member

I'm really really enjoying my second crack at this game. Almost 80 on my thief; still trying to decide what I'll really focus on at 80 but I'm thinking just fractals and spvp.

If anyone is playing, hit up me up: dinkleton.5193