1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guitar Hero World Tour Drum Kit On PC (MIDI Controller)

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by johnd16, May 4, 2009.

1. johnd16

johnd16 Member

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  2. Comma

Comma Member

Sadly I have the Wii Version. Grumble.

3. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

It's a damn shame they couldn't (or just didn't) make them compatible across platforms. Would be nice to be able to take my Wii version to a mates place with an XBox or PS3 and play along.

But back to the OP, very nice work. :)

4. Kow

Kow Member

awesome will try this out as soon as i get a reciever , do you know if the redoctance midi to usb cable would work?

5. OP
    OP
    johnd16

johnd16 Member

Yea not supported at the moment unfortunately. The author of the software, Magnus, might in the future find a way to add support.

Had the drum kit been cross compatible, it would be a lot more fun indeed.

Thanks, took me a while to make those videos, however I can't take all the credit; Magnus created the PS360 MIDI Drummer which was the key part in getting the drum kit on PC. Coupled with addictive drums, sounds awesome :thumbup: .

Nope, the MIDI socket on the GH:WT drum kit is for receiving data only.

Speaking of outlets, it seems the black outlet port is hi-hat pedal controller. Though no one knows how to make us of it. Further discussion on the mater can be found here: http://pctutorialsonline.net/forum/index.php?topic=40.0

6. ChrisH

ChrisH Member

I am sure that the wii version would be even easier...seeing as it is a bluetooth device and all. Have a look at youtube videos about using wii motes for all sorts of things.

7. Kow

Kow Member

where can i get a wireless gaming reciever all the usual spots are out :(

8. BlackTigerTech

BlackTigerTech (Banned or Deleted)

You may be onto something here!

Is there sure a piece of software that would "translate" the bluetooth from the wii kit to Midi-compliant codes? That would be great! :thumbup:

9. vellanet

vellanet Member

This is awesome, I was suitably pissed when I found that the midi port on the kit was input only. Have my eyes open for a wireless receiver and then ~45gb of samples to bash through!

10. ChrisH

ChrisH Member

BlackTigerTech

Just to show a few:

11. OP
    OP
    johnd16

johnd16 Member

Hey Kow, I got mine from VPGames.com, located in America. If you google around you might find a coupon. Otherwise, you should be able to find some on ebay.

I want this:

ChrisH Edit: Fixed Youtube Video

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2009
  12. atomicsushi

atomicsushi Member

What do you guys reckon of getting the $110 PS3/Wii drumkit from MSY and using it to learn drums connected to the PC(from total scratch)? Bad idea?

13. OP
    OP
    johnd16

johnd16 Member

I'm not a drummer myself but I wouldn't recommend it. If you're able to get an acoustic kit, get that.

14. vanjastar

vanjastar Member

Or an electric drum kit that isn't complete crap. The guitar hero drum kit is too shit to play the game on so it would be complete shit for real usage.

15. Mettool

Mettool Member

Mate of mine showed some serious prowess on GH's drums. So I suggested he look at an electric kit (cos we like our synth stuff haha), did our research and it should be here soon ^^

In terms of getting you off the ground the kit on rock band/gh is good for understanding the coordination and timing needed. Especially compared to the plastic guitars -_-

16. dermenslof

dermenslof New Member

can you help me

hello

i have currently 2 drum world tour xbox 360 and 1 wireless receiver for windows. I search a solution to use the 2 drums at the same time as your method with drummer ps360 midi drummer, fl studio and addictive drum.

or with another software more like ps360 midi drummer to use the second drum with velocity transmited.

currently i use ps360 midi drummer and xpadder 5.4 for the second drum routing

can you help me? thank you ;)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  17. dermenslof

dermenslof New Member

ChrisH Edit: You have royally pissed me off. We have a 10 character rule for a reason, and obviously when people don't reply to your thread, it means people don't know the answer.

Bumping is not really acceptable outside the trading forums.

Welcome to OCAU, please input usefully.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2009
  18. OP
    OP
    johnd16

johnd16 Member

I don't have two drum kits myself, but you could try opening two instances of PS360MidiDrummer and set the midi port on one of them to a different port. Otherwise, contact Magnus, the author of the program: magnus.ellinge[at]gmail.com

19. dermenslof

dermenslof New Member

thank you
    but the 2nd instance does not recognize the 2nd drum kit.
    maybe, because i have only one "wireless Receiver for windows"

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  20. OP
    OP
    johnd16

johnd16 Member

That's true, see if you can find another wireless receiver and let us know how it goes.