Guys, best 4k HDR for ps4 pro? approx $1000 budget

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by justanewboy, Apr 26, 2018.

1. justanewboy

justanewboy Member

im going console this time around, spent over 3k a few years back on my pc....

iv gotta admit iv always purchased tv's based only on a few requirements, price, resolution, size

Iv never looked into "input lag", "response time" .....etc...with pc monitors yes but the last time I bought a tv they were not really built with features that you could take advantage of for consoles.

can anyone recommend a reasonable tv for ps4 pro gaming? is my budget too low to take advantage of features found in more premium tv's ? (approx $1000 give or take), Iv heard TCL's while not considered "premium" are great for gaming

a list of 3 - 5 recommended tv's would be highly appreciated, or even a recommendation of the must have features eg: HDR ,HDMI2.0, panal type, response time, input lag etc....?

thanks guys any help would be great EDIT: 50" or 55"

2. TomJ

TomJ Member

One thing that most people overlook is the Hertz. Get the best panel you can with 100Hz or 200Hz refresh rate. I'm still rocking FullHD 200Hz on my PS4 Pro.

Most TV's these days with have inputs and compatibility out the wazoo! Panasonic and LG seem to offer more Hertz for still reasonable prices.

3. power

power Member

4. TomJ

TomJ Member

And the 55" Sony X8500E is only another ~$75

Both 100Hz

5. OP
    OP
    justanewboy

justanewboy Member

Oh yes Sorry, the few requirements I look at include hertz, my current tv is 100hz, this along with resolution and size are just the basics, Iv never really had to look into HDR, input lag and response time until now since I'm really considering purchasing a ps4 pro , 4k tv and maybe even a 4K player all together, (lucky salesman is about to make some commission)

6. OP
    OP
    justanewboy

justanewboy Member

I'm having a really hard time finding anything that is available in brick and mortar stores in Australia , most google searches eg: "best 4K tv for console gaming" will show American articles of top 5 tvs very few of which Iv seen in Australian stores, even ign Aus are listing tv's for gaming that I can't seem to find in your average home theatre suppliers like Harvey Norman and jbhifi

7. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

For $1000 consider the Hisense 55N7.

8. netlord

netlord Member

Good to know, I should be getting a PS4 Pro soon so a new tv is the next step.