1. Win some Crucial goodies in OCAU's Christmas Treasure Hunt!
    Dismiss Notice

H100i v2 going faster than it should?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by peteed1985, Dec 1, 2018.

1. peteed1985

peteed1985 Member

So I have corsair link and I found out the other day it rattles at high speed so set my fan for it to quiet which means it goes at 60% speed when my the temp of the water is 40c and right now when I was playing ARK survival evolved it was at 40c for the water yet my H100i v2 was going at like 1800 RPM and rattling and it eventually was very loud and said it was at 2500 RPM.

This should be impossible since 60% of the max fan speed of 2700 RPM is 1620 RPM not 1800 to 2500 RPM......

25c it's meant to go at 25% RPM and the max setting in quiet is 60% RPM at 40c so how is it able to go over 30% faster than the fastest speed in the current profile it's set to?

Then again it's set to only do 40% of it's max speed at 33c and it says it's between 30 and 32.9c now and the speed of the fan is apparently 1200 RPM which is like 45% when it's kinda just under the number that should make it even go to 40% so i'd expect it should be at 30% right now which is 810 RPM......

No idea what's going on.

2. OP
    OP
    peteed1985

peteed1985 Member

Actually CPU is at 50c to 55c I realised the fan goes off CPU temp not water temp, Still it's doing more RPM's than the maximum it's meant to do at this setting.

Also Corsairs tech specs for this fan say it's a 2435 RPM fan......

So umm fan is going up to 2500 ROM and i've even seen it go to 2700 RPM in Corsair Link so the fans going faster than apparently it's physically capable of according to the specs.

3. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

The pump reads double, the fans are 2400rpm give or take, they will be close to that. Use a setup based on fluid, not CPU temp.

4. OP
    OP
    peteed1985

peteed1985 Member

Idk what you mean by "the pump reads double"

The Max fan speed for the fan Corsair Link seems to think is 2700 RPM

I can't see an option for what things temp it's using to work out what speed the fan should go tbh so idk how to make it go based off fluid and anyway fan seems to ignore Corsair Links Max fan speed setting anyway.

5. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

the fan header from the AIO reads pump RPM, not fan RPM.
    If you have Link set as stock the fans will be run based on fluid temp. Set it back to stock if you've changed it. You can edit it by clicking on the fan# in Link

6. de_overfiend

de_overfiend Member

replace dodgy stock corsair fans with noctua fans = problem solved

or theres lots of info about setting a fan profile to slow down the fans... or rma it as some others have done - google

7. Pic0o

Pic0o Member

Have you changed the pump speed?
    Best way I have found to do that is with the Corsair iCUE software. The UX is a little odd, but you can change it from in the software.

If I recall right, you select the setting from the Performance tree, then right-click the Fan or Pump setting to the left, to change that value.

My computer gets loud too with fans on max. Granted If I put my hand on the top of my case, the rattling stops.

Attached Files:

8. OP
    OP
    peteed1985

peteed1985 Member

I don't have anything called iCUE the fan came with Corsair Link so can I even use that? Pump speed in Corsair Link is set to quiet.

BTW I changed the whole profile in corsair link for the whole program and the noise was worse than balanced because quiet maxed out alot of fans......

Also after changing it back from balanced to quiet again it's still fast and loud though a bit quieter so i'm hella confused. Images below are it on quiet setting showing it at 2700RPM when the max speed is 2435 RPM according to corsairs tech specs for this product.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Just for reference: icue is the newer software. Corsair link is the older software. Both are similar, but look and work a little differently. Personally I prefer link, but If you are struggling to get the fans to work the way you want, maybe uninstall it and try icue.

Also, most case fans can run at +/- ~10% of their rated speed. It's not a hard limit, more of an average speed most of those fans will hit. So 2700 rpm is fine. Just loud. :p

Pic0o likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    peteed1985

peteed1985 Member

Fan rattles above 1900 RPM or so sadly :( after installing icue my speeds slowed down alot. I think Corsair Link must of been very buggy lol

I'm guessing Corsair Link made my fan go so fast that it kinda broke something and caused the rattling from then on even at slower speeds but idk for sure. Alot better with icue though :)

Any idea what the corsair warranty turn around time is? Kinda wondering how long i'll be without my PC for lack of a damn CPU cooler lol.

11. Pic0o

Pic0o Member

Good to see iCue helped a little bit. I feel like the older Link app was weird and kind of buggier than iCue.

As for the rattling, I thought I had a similar issue on my Asus Hero IX board due to the power header I had my pump plugged into and a BIOS settings for RPM control / voltage. Checking the Asus Manual it looks to be QFan control settings in the BIOS.

If you have something like that, perhaps try turning that off by setting Qfan to [disabled]. I say this as I seem to recall my pump rattling. Wanted to mention that as I was thinking of it. If not an Asus mobo, yours might have something similar.

12. OP
    OP
    peteed1985

peteed1985 Member

Mine is but iirc I turned off Qfan when I first got it because I had to so Corsair Link got right info about fan speed. Otherwise it listed the H100i V2 as 0 RPM all the time even when it was spinning.

Pic0o likes this.