1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

HAF932 - Front 5-1/4 Coverup Job

Discussion in 'Modding' started by 192.168.0.1, Dec 11, 2008.

1. 192.168.0.1

192.168.0.1 Member

The HAF932 has massive airflow but this comes at the cost of the system looking from the front more like swiss cheese

[​IMG]

Here is a quick little mod that i did to fix this ugly front panel problem, pictures below

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Motherboard tray foam, the stuff you normally find inside your motherboard box

[​IMG]
    Double sided tape, just to tack on and hold in place

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Before mod

[​IMG]
    After mod :thumbup:

[​IMG]
    Much better

This took about 5 minutes and makes the case look much better, i tested the airflow from the front of the case and this does not make much of a difference as a paper test shows that only a minimal amount of air makes it into the case through these front bays :Pirate:

All in all, much better :lol: enjoy

-Jason

2. ford ftw

ford ftw Member

Nice mod makes the case look 10x better!

3. eddigan

eddigan Member

wow thats odd i would of thought they had foam in the HAF!! i mean the CAC-T05 and the CM690 have it. oh well less restriction more AF after all it is the HAF! (high airflow lol) hey man btw when you remove the side fan is there a hole there or is there just screws holding it in place? thats the only thing i dont like about it.

4. OP
    OP

192.168.0.1 Member

The side 230mm has holes in a 230mm pattern there is another set for the 4 x 4 for the 120mm and they share no common holes... so there is 18 fan screw holes in the side of the case

5. JuzIE

JuzIE Member

Yet again, i like the way the case was designed but good mod for those who dont like it showing.

6. CPU Slayer

CPU Slayer Member

not only does it look better, you will keep most of the dust out of your computer in the process.