1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hard Reset - New PC Exclusice FPS

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Linkin, Jul 17, 2011.

1. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Sadly, no multiplayer = going to be ignored or torrented to hell and back; unless they put it at a very appealing price point, or it gets rediculous amounts pre-launch hype.

2. lithos

lithos Member

They'd lose my sale if it had multiplayer.

3. OP
    OP
    Linkin

Linkin Member

+1 to that.

4. lowdog

lowdog Member

Man just do it and get it over and done with.....you'll be sooooooooo glad once you've done it!!!!!!

5. ALien8ed

ALien8ed Member

7 minute gameplay video.

6. Dodoman

Dodoman Member

Oh fuck me that kiosk for upgrades is awesome.

And DICE at the end :lol:.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  7. beastosterone

beastosterone Member

Why?

Games like this have the potential for actually good multiplayer. Well... maybe not with these weird AoE/Electricity weapons, but still - it's a tad unfair to lump a good PC shooter like this with the typically 'waste of time' multiplayer of modern console games.

8. lithos

lithos Member

And I still don't give a shit.

9. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

TBH I think it looks pretty uninteresting, the only part of that video i thought was cool was the upgrade machine and even that was pretty similar to the one in Singularity.

Graphics are nice but it seems like a waste with just shooting a bunch of boring robots.

10. OP
    OP
    Linkin

Linkin Member

Well to be fair there's not much around about story and what not. We don't know how it starts or the plot or anything. I'm guessing they don't want to reveal too much before launch.

11. beastosterone

beastosterone Member

I'm asking you why you actually think including multiplayer would make you not buy it

12. amisty

amisty Member

Doesnt look too bad hopefully its got a half decent story behind it.

13. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

I'll answer for him. Because he assumes that like so many other games they'd just lump in the standard waste of time multiplayer and so it would be a pointless addition any way.

14. hosh0

hosh0 Member

So a pointless addition would mean you wouldn't buy a game. Just don't play MP perhaps?

15. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

It wouldn't make me not buy it but a pointless addition takes their time to develop and that time could be better spent adding more to the campaign. I'd rather a game with a bit more SP content than a multiplayer that no one will play.

16. beastosterone

beastosterone Member

Yeah, I know - but I sort of already addressed that.

17. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Looks like a dull HL2 Ggun rip off.....and if it's a PC exclusive, why such lame GFX?

18. lithos

lithos Member

A la Bioshock 2.

The multiplayer pundits seem to think that MP is something that just magically happens, and doesn't take any dev time or resources.

FWH have mentioned the SP is about 20 hours long. With multi, that would probably be cut down by at least half.

Multi is far too dependent on factors outside the devs' control - the big one would be the community. You also need to provide more post-launch support. I don't think it's good for a new, small dev to have to worry about that.

Besides, I find it funny that I'm meant to justify my stance against MP, when those questioning me haven't provided much argument in favour of it, other than the generic "Needs multi!" cries and little else. It's nearly as annoying as fuckwits who carp and moan about "no DX11, fail" without thinking about whether or not DX11 is really worth it or necessary. There's some fucked-up semiotics for ya.

Besides, multiplayer and single player are two entirely different things. One's a sport, and one's an art.

19. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

Hard Reset Story trailer

20. MyElbowFellOff

MyElbowFellOff Member

I've lost count how many times I've played as Steve Blum, talked to Steve Blum or blown Steve Blum's face off in a video game, but I still don't care. Fucking Steve Blum is ace.