1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hard Reset - New PC Exclusice FPS

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Linkin, Jul 17, 2011.

1. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

Wow good pick up, I didn't realize how much stuff he's voiced in the past.
    That's a big + 1 to the story then, if they're using good actors.

2. beastosterone

beastosterone Member

Of course it does, yes.

Massive exaggeration incoming!

That's a good point I hadn't thought of. Though, I'll address it in a moment.

Totally agree - though I'm not saying it "Needs multi!" - I'm simply asking you to give a reason why including it would force you to not buy it, which you haven't completely done yet.

The reason I bring it up is because you (and people like you) seem a tad too burnt when it comes to things like this. As I've already mentioned, smaller, relatively new studios that are focusing on a single platform aren't the same as a massive 200-man robot production facility spewing out a game for five different platforms. There's a lot more wiggle room that would allow something like making a few good maps and a couple of game modes for multiplayer with harming the singleplayer.

Now, I understand why you've become this way, but when I think back on games like Quake and Painkiller that were AMBASSADORS for multiplayer I know that if a studio has the right mind they can include a solid multiaplayer without sacrifice.

Not convinced that people should react so negatively to the prospect of these guys including multi.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  3. MyElbowFellOff

MyElbowFellOff Member

I agree that of all games this would probably translate well to multiplayer, but keep in mind that although the staff members are experienced this is the first project from this studio. Putting aside the added development resources the multiplayer FPS market is significantly harder to crack unless you have a distinctly differentiated product. Let's face it there's nothing knew here, even the retro-shooter thing has been done well before. Speaking of which Serious Sam is coming back for another round anyway.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  4. OP
    OP
    Linkin

Linkin Member

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Ha...hots-System-Requirements-Announced-34643.html

[​IMG]

System specs also on that page, time to update the OP.

5. amisty

amisty Member

PHP:
    Hard Drive4 GB free hard drive space
    thats not alot of space at all or is it just me. Normally when installed its uncompressed so 4gb??

6. OP
    OP
    Linkin

Linkin Member

Most devs these days seem to have forgotten about texture compression. :Paranoid: Which is why GTA IV and the like are 15GB each with shitty graphics.

7. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Only $30... sweet :thumbup:

8. zoogwah

zoogwah Member

9. bueller

bueller Member

At $30 I'll be pre-ordering this I'd say, really appreciate when developers try to help out gamers with good pricing!

Edit: Bloody hell, just looked at the release date and i'll be on holidays for two weeks!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  10. Kyorisu

Kyorisu Member

Trioptimum (System Shock) logo too.

11. meremortal

meremortal Member

Bought it. Cheap and PC exclusive and the story looks cool. I want more games like this so got to vote with the $$

12. lithos

lithos Member

+Infinity.

Everyone who bought a fucking $20 map pack for COD should be obligated, by law, to buy Hard Reset. Pay off their debt to the gaming community.

I hope it does really well, and we end up with one of those awkward moments where some dickhead from Ubi/Activision/EA/Epic is again lamenting "Unfortunately, woe is us, it is impossible to do a PC-exclusive game because of...um, piracy, and, uh, the PC is dead, and, uh, gremlins, and, er Microsoft/Sony doesn't give us a massive kickback for overtly pandering towards their conso- wait, forget that last one."

And FWH just come back and say, "Eh, we managed to turn a profit on Hard Reset. What's your point?"

13. 2SHY

2SHY Member

This. Bought it today, looks really good. <3 Cyberpunk games, want moar of these types of games.

14. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Um guys, where are you buying this from?

edit: fucking nevermind, I was looking too hard. It's right there on Steam. Fan-fucking-tastic. :D

15. Grom Hellscream

Grom Hellscream Member

Hey bud, 2001 called. They want their OS back.

16. amisty

amisty Member

lmao, thats funny.
    maybe try beating it with a stick and win7 might go away but then win8 will be haunting u!

17. OP
    OP
    Linkin

Linkin Member

18. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

19. Rodimus666

Rodimus666 Member

20. opAsx

opAsx Member

just played the demo, this wasnt before but it is now on my wishlist :)