[WORKLOG] Hardline watercooling on the budget + Primochill Vue

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by Pazzu, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Pazzu

Pazzu Member

Hey all, I've recently dived in and decided to go hardline watercooling.
    I did not anticipate to watercool at all, with the dissatisfaction of the blower style on my GTX 670, I delved into watercooling in pursuit of a quieter and cooler system.

Watercooling led to to purchase of the Fractal Design Define S, and with the spacious interior, I've decided its only right to fill out the interior with components :3

I replaced the GTX 670 with a GTX 1060, but I was dissatisfied with the look, I've thought about watercooling with the EK Thermosphere.
    [​IMG]

So I decided to upgrade to a 1080 with a full waterblock, and and additional 140mm rad at the rear to go with it.
    Unfortunately, the 140mm rad will not fit mounted on the rear with the side panel, the rad sticks outwards, so I had to cut some metal strips to offset the rad from the fan. I had to be careful that it isn't too far offset that it hits the motherboard IO
    [​IMG]

I have forgotten to take more pictures of the work in progress,
    Here is the final photo before rinsing with Distilled water. I need to get combs for the 8 pin PCIE cable[​IMG]

2. OP
    OP
    Pazzu

Pazzu Member

Here is the parts I used
    CPU Block - EK Supremacy
    GPU Block - EK FE 1080
    Front Rad - Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 360mm Rear Rad -
    Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 140GTS
    Ebay Pump & Res combo
    Ebay 14mm OD/10mm ID PETG tubing
    Ebay 14mm OD compression fitting, 3 O-ring seal

All components were washed by running 1 part vinegar and 9 part Distilled water for 24 hours, Flushed with distilled water. Then the blocks were taken apart and scrubbed with toothpaste and toothbrush.

Currently I'm running Primochill VUE in the loop, this is a very new fluid with showcase style shampoo effect. lets hope it stays that way for at least 3 months.
    I'll be giving update with the status of loop once a month.

For lighting effects, I have 2 Hue+ Aer fans,
    And for LED strips I have a WS 2812 Strips controlled by an arduino nano

[​IMG]

Evilhomer likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Pazzu

Pazzu Member

4. havabeer

havabeer Member

For some reason I really like the loops coming out of the GPU... you’ve got them very symmetrical.

Pazzu likes this.
  5. Force

Force Member

Barrow V4 fittings that have 3 internal o-rings? They are great honestly better than "big brand names".

6. OP
    OP
    Pazzu

Pazzu Member

Yea, 3 internal o-rings with another ring for the compression, no leaks at all.

Thanks man, the link from the Rad to GPU and the Res to Rad I'm really proud of, all the other bends, I would re-bend if I had more tubing haha

7. Force

Force Member

Very cool. :) I ended up ordering a lot of Barrow V4 fittings from Aliexpress (Flying Elephant) before this GST on any overseas order kicks in.

Love this little build!