Harmony Touch update problem

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Dr Evil, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

I recently had updated my Harmony Touch since I wanted to add an 'activity'. I'm not quite sure when this update was released but by the last time I had connected it to my comp it was most likely 6-9 months ago.

This update works okay (despite the input delay almost being twice as slow) but the home layout is absolutely dreadful. Instead of swiping across you have a 'Grid View' style layout. I also hate how you have to go through almost 2 sub-menus to get to 'Help' to enable/disable/switch any devices you wanted for your activity.

Is there any way possible to fix this/change it back or even revert the entire update? By sounds of it I don't think there is and I would rather juggle 6+ remotes then use this awful layout...

2. Pugsley_21

Pugsley_21 Member

Mine got updated the other day as well - and I don't like it either. Now it's almost the same as the Harmony One that it replaced. Inputs are laggy and it doesn't seem as intuitive as the old firmware

I'd also like a way to revert back to the old version

3. OP
    OP
    Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

Yerp I spent more time navigating every way I could.. no hope. So I sent a support ticket/question to Logitech and hopefully get the correct response I'm after. Otherwise remote goes in storage whilst I hunt for another that hasn't been updated:thumbdn:

4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I didn't even know there was an update out.

By the sounds of it I don't think I'll bother updating :Paranoid:

5. OP
    OP
    Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

Haha here's a pic of the layout they had changed it to.

[​IMG]

6. KLoNe

KLoNe Member

Yep, it's absolutely horrible. I'm even thinking of going to buy a new one that hopefully has the old firmware on it.

Such a piece of shit now.

7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I think I'll leave mine untouched now! :thumbup:

8. OP
    OP
    Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

Ever since this update has popped up my Touch has been alot slower to work with, let alone frustrating with the change of layout.

I picked up a new Harmony Touch that still has the older firmware but I can't do anything until I "Sync" it with myharmony.com. Sadly you can't "Sync" it if there is a firmware update available... Anyone know when the 1100i will be around $200? or at least on sale cause anything over $250 for it is atrocious but at least its not as bad as this stupid update.

9. KLoNe

KLoNe Member

I take it all back; I'm fine with the update now :)

Bought a Smart Control Hub as well and it's effing amazing.