1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

has any one dealt with DWI (Digital World International)?

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by jjphoto, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinheadion

pinheadion Member

Woot, glad to hear the good stories. I've ordered a 7D and today it changed to 'Dispatching Soon'. Friday maybe???? if i'm lucky... I sure as hell am excited.

2. promiscuousboy

promiscuousboy Member

Yep I ordered my Canon EF-S 17-55mm F/2.8 IS USM from them, no probs.

3. red t ute

red t ute Member

I was my first post but not my last.
    Were do you buy your over priced camera gear from?

4. jesh

jesh Member

LOL @ the 1-post-wonders. Were you guys just that impressed with the reseller that you rushed out to google them?

5. xylem

xylem Member

I found these guys really good. Answered any questions I had on skype. The main point I'd recommend to anyone who wants to order with them, do yourself a favour and find out if they have stock of what you want (before you order obviously).

Anyway bought some pretty high end gear from them, got it fast, saved significantly, cant be happier.

6. pinheadion

pinheadion Member

Should come back here to mention that the new 7D arrived very quickly and I've had 0 problems so far.

Would definitely purchase again from DWI. :thumbup:

7. chamellieon

chamellieon Member

am very tempted by the price on the nikon gear

8. mrmas

mrmas Member

Wife ordered the Canon 7D and 17-55 EFS lens, arrived quickly and well packaged. Haven't had a chance to use it yet :o

Definitely recommend them :thumbup:

9. yangby

yangby Member

Ive purchased from them several times .. great prices. Fast delivery. Hassle free for me.

10. Andres

Andres Motor Admin

Just ordered a Canon S90 - so will see how it goes. Fingers crossed.

Coupon for 10% of delivery is FR105. Works out to save $10.

Also note there is a 2% surcharge on CC. So take that into account when comparing prices.

11. adamadam

adamadam Member

Someone at work had a bad experience with them,
    He says that he bought a lens and the focus was very off, tried it on different cameras and still bad; sent it back to them and they sent it back to him saying that it's in spec.

12. Formage

Formage (Banned or Deleted)

big thumbs up to anybody thinking of purchasing from DWIDigitalCameras, absolutely first class pricing and service! ordered a flashgun at 5pm on thurs, received it at 5:30 on friday FROM HONG KONG! communication was about 100x better then most local sellers to! won't hesitate to buy from them again :) only thing i regret is buying my 50mm 1.8 from ebay rather then dwi... took over 3 weeks to arive.. all over a saving of $20....

13. Gaidin

Gaidin Member

Had 3 orders with them in the last few months - 2 went flawlessly, the last was a bit of a hassle as they only shipped one of the two flashes I was after and it took them a couple of weeks to reply to emails and rectify things.

So I guess you get what you pay for with customer service, but the goods were all brand new and worked perfectly :)

The only thing Id strongly suggest with potential buyers is to email/ring ahead to confirm stock before you place your order ;)

14. Andres

Andres Motor Admin

Well my order arrived today. So 3 days from order to receipt of goods. And it came from Hong Kong as described on the FedEx tracking info.

Was reasonably well packaged, and they were very communicative.

Assuming it all works fine (just charging the battery now) it will be a definate 'thumbs-up' experience.

15. triggerpeg

triggerpeg Member

I can offer a -1 for DWI from a recent transaction. I got a friend to order a Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 from DWI 3 weeks ago. Ordered cause it was in stock.

Okay. So he has been in constant communications with them and the reason they say is this. Their supplier has delayed the shipment. So then he checks the website again. Says its in stock!.. and the price as gone up $80 (correction: just checked again and its gone up $105 as of today) ...just in time of the AUD/USD adjustment?...
    When asked about this, they offered a "refund" and said they will be happy to refund the money and then later take the order again when they have stock. The catch is that the price will be higher then the price paid 3 weeks ago...a bit suss dont you think?

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  16. f@rmboy

f@rmboy Terrorist Photographer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.