Has anyone else moved on from Sickbeard?

Discussion in 'HTPC' started by gruntLOL, Jan 8, 2015.

1. TheWedgie

TheWedgie Insert Custom Title Here

Ripper, thanks mate!

SB is working just fine for me at the moment, with the exception of failed download handling (but I'm used to that).

Looks like Sonarr is the winner, will look at migrating over once I get some spare time to spend setting it up etc.

Is it able to try Torrents once Usenet fails, or is it one or the other?

2. Tekin

Tekin Member

See I had a weird moment a few days ago, Sonar (seemed) to have gotten into it's little head that I wanted to 'upgrade' one of my old serieses from 480p to 720p.

I didn't realise, but it's gone and re-downloaded almost all of the eps (except for those that were already 720p) deleted the old ones and put the new ones in it's place.

Not sure how I triggered it! I'm sure it's an option somewhere, but I don't know what I did. I've got a sizeable cap, so I'm not worried - but it's still a bit strange.

3. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

I've made the move to Sonaar from SB as well. No weirdness with re downloading just works real nice!

4. Gaidin

Gaidin Member

Click on the Wanted button, then Cut-off/Unmet where it will list any episodes that it thinks are below your desired quality.

Also, if you're adding in an existing series it just uses the file extension to "guess" the resolution. So your 480p may have even been 720p already. I had to go through most of my series and bump 720 up to 1080 in plenty of cases.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  5. Gaidin

Gaidin Member

Can't answer that one for sure sorry mate, but in the Profiles area you can tell it to "Prefer Usenet" as opposed to "Only usetnet"...which would imply that it looks first for a nzb and then falls back to a torrent file as part of its failed download handling.

6. tzortst

tzortst Member

maybe, you can put a delays on both usenet or torrents, so just put a delay of 2 days on torrent if usenet hasn't completed in that time it will then fall back to torrent.

Another cool feature now is tags, so you can tag certain shows to only use usenet and others to other use torrents.

You can also use the tags to include or exclude keywords in your search. So for example tag a show to only ever download DD5.1 in the filename, works a treat!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  7. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

I've got Kodi working a treat, but struggling with Sonarr.

It is having issues finding any of my shows when pointed to the download directory for utorrent.

Also can you tell it not to keep some episodes/shows up to date, as theres some i lost interest in.

8. miicah

miicah Member

Haven't had any real issues with SB, only stuff was failed downloads which I fixed by purchasing a few data blocks from EU providers to fill in the gaps.

9. kesawi

kesawi Member

I only know how to do it with sickbeard, but not sonarr.

10. MaximusSmurf

MaximusSmurf Member

Yeah you definitely can. There's a little flat icon thing. Can have just one or selection of seasons as wanted. Or the whole series.

So you can unmonitor the series. But still have season 2 being monitored so it'll grab it when it can. Pretty versatile.

11. TheWedgie

TheWedgie Insert Custom Title Here

Which providers do you use? Getting a few more failures than I'd like (and I'm too lazy to chase them down on torrents).

12. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

Ahh sweet thanks for that.

I do need to look into it, although I've noticed of late the site I get my main shows from, appears to be dropping torrents real fast. I'm thinking they are complying with takedown notices.

13. miicah

miicah Member

[​IMG]

I think some of them are 20gb blocks, but they last forever and only cost like $15? So I will probably never need to renew them and I have only had maybe two failed downloads, including quite old stuff.