Hater's blogging journey

Discussion in 'Live Streaming & Content Creation' started by Hater, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Hater

Hater Member

I didn't want to be the first cab off the rank :|

Agg has very graciously allowed this section to exist, and without utilisation it'll go away again. So...

My videos I make!

They're crap, but here they are.

I think i'm slowly getting better, unfortunately audio is my biggest problem, it's an interesting problem trying to get clean audio out of a helmet, especially when it's designed like mine is, but hey.

So, here's the second one i've made. I have a bunch of other videos but eh, boring.

I kind of see this as a project i'll look back on in the future and be able to reminisce from old times... as weird as that sounds.

So yeah, if you do endure through my video, let me know what you think? Not so much if you like it or not, but if there are any bits you don't understand, seem out of place etc... the videos themselves are vlogs they don't really have a point, but... yeah. I'm learning!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Ronald Reagan and firey4059 like this.
  2. broccoli

broccoli Member

I'd like to hear more commentary about where you are, it's a whole lot of road, but no idea where it is, how far you've gone, what Gunning has got there, that sort of thing.

The audio's very clear, I wouldn't worry about that.

Madengineer likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Hater

Hater Member

These are good points, I will remember to add these next time

I listen to the audio over and over and over when editing it so it all gets jumbled in my head and I can no longer tell if it sounds good or not :(

4. broccoli

broccoli Member

I'm very intolerant of poor audio on youtubes. If I can't hear it, the people are mumbling or muttering, or there are annoying buzzes or something, I just switch off. Had NO problem at all with any of your audio. (for example, if your bike had been really loud, and your vocal soft, it would have annoyed me to switch off, there was no problem at all with the audio, I don't remember the bike noise (was there any bike noise?), just you talking.

5. OP
    OP
    Hater

Hater Member

Hmm. That's the first video i've done with a new mic set up (I took the wind shield off it and added a dead cat)

This is the previous video (It's only 2 minutes long so won't waste all of your life heh):

Is that audio tolerable?

firey4059 likes this.
  6. broccoli

broccoli Member

It's fine.

(what about billy connolly?)

7. OP
    OP
    Hater

Hater Member

It's not like I actually put research into the things I say :D

8. broccoli

broccoli Member

You're kidding! Never would have guessed.... :D

9. OP
    OP
    Hater

Hater Member

I helped move a car. And lost a whole lot of beer footage by accident :(

10. broccoli

broccoli Member

What's that beverage at around 2.05? That's not beer, is it? It's so yellow.

11. OP
    OP
    Hater

Hater Member

12. broccoli

broccoli Member

at least they gave you a lot of chips to make up for it.

JSmithDTV likes this.
  13. OP
    OP
    Hater

Hater Member

the beer vendors and the burger vendors are two different entities, under the same roof :(

maybe the burger people osmosis'd it.

14. OP
    OP
    Hater

Hater Member

Oh boy, this one will need scrutiny.

It's an instructional video. First one i've ever done, so it will suck. Takes time to learn new skills, and purveying instructions to people is a skill.

Now I haven't explained exactly what TuneECU is, simply because... if you don't know what it is, why would you be searching for it? It has a very specific use.

So, is it too glossed over or are they instructions which can actually be followed? How in depth do easy level technical videos need to be?

15. broccoli

broccoli Member

Slow down! you sound like Porky Pig. If you want to explain it, you neeeeed toooooo speeeeeeeak sloooowwllyyyyy.

16. OP
    OP
    Hater

Hater Member

Hmm, that is true rewatching it. I'm caught between trying to make stuff not drag on for ages but I think that needed a bit more dragging...

17. broccoli

broccoli Member

When you are listening to somebody explain something you don't already know, there's no "dragging on". You need to go at a pace that people can follow it, and to explain things they might not know. For example, not everybody who wants to fiddlefaddle with a motorbike knows what virtualbox is or what you are doing. Don't assume everybody knows exactly what you do. They don't. For things that people might or might not know, you can do some topics in a separate video. For example you could say, we're installing windows xp into a virtual machine using virtualbox. If you don't know how to do that, check out the other video. You can get around the fear of "dragging on" by dividing up the information, eg
    what software do I need?
    where do I get it?
    how do I install the software?
    how do I connect it up to the bike?
    What do the codes mean?

cluey computer folk can miss the bit in the middle.

18. OP
    OP
    Hater

Hater Member

That gives me a great idea for the next video! Yes!

19. OP
    OP
    Hater

Hater Member

Phew. That was a slog. I'm not made for being a know-it-all and trying to teach things, I think i'll stick to the fun but pointless videos.

(Fun to make. To watch? Probably not heh :lol: )

Anyway, i've taken your words onboard and I hope... I hope this one is easier to follow! It's definitely slowed down a lot!

20. broccoli

broccoli Member

Well, I could follow it, but if I was trying to do it, I'd need to do a lot of stopping to catch up with you. You speak incredibly quickly. Australians could understand you, but foreigners (such as Americans) will probably have real trouble with the speed. Good info though :thumbup: