Have to sell towers to get bookshelves =( What should I get?

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Hung-Two, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Hung-Two

Hung-Two Member

Hey guys,

So I'll be moving into student accomodation next year, and there's really no way I'll be able to fit my full towers in a tiny student room. So, I guess I'll have to sell them and use the dosh to get some good bookshelves to put on a desk. The speakers in question are Energy C-500, so I hope to get at least a few hundred for them.

Anyone care to recommend some good bookshelves from up to say, $400? I'll be driving them with a 2x30w Marantz PM-4001

I'm not interested in LSK M4s, I've owned 4 of them before and while they're nice, I know I'll miss having bass way too much.

Also, would anyone care to recommend a good place to sell my towers?

EDIT: Well damn. Someone's pointed out to me that if I'm living in student accomadation, they wouldn't allow loud music anyway. So I should stick with some good headphones/earphones. Poo. Well, does anyone have any idea where I might be able to sell my audio equipment?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  2. bAbY_RoG3R

bAbY_RoG3R Member

Have a look at the Cambridge S30 and they pump out some quality sound considering the size. They're slightly smaller than most bookshelves out there.

3. die_piggy

die_piggy Member

pretty much any bookshelves will leave you wanting more bass.

I havent checked out the amp, but if you can, get a 2.1 system

personally, I would recommend a s150+m4's (they are on special right now) but that would cost you more then $400.

There is a pretty large thread in the pc-audio forum where alot of people are happy with the audioengine A5's. might be worth checking them out.

Opps, didnt see the edit. if you looking to sell, try the swap-meet section of our forum's ;) if its decent though, I would find a mates garage to store them in, your not going to be a student forever :)

4. Oosh

Oosh Member

SNA have an active For Sale area.

5. OP
    OP
    Hung-Two

Hung-Two Member

Thanks for the replies =) Yeah, I'm starting to think I might stow them away with my sister. Really don't wanna sell them =)

6. bryn

bryn Member

Krix Acoustix are nice bookshelves- and biggish for bookshelves so bass response is good.

7. converge

converge Member

I have wharfedale 9.2s and they definatly aren't lacking bass, unless you're looking for say doof doof bass. The bass on these are nice and tight and crisp. I got these for $300 2nd hand off a friend but you would be looking at a fair bit more retail and I'm not sure how they'd go with only 30w from your amp, I'm running them on a marantz pm7003. There are some 9.1s in the fs section on here, although one is slightly damaged.

8. Oosh

Oosh Member

FYI

9. gordonfreeman

gordonfreeman (Banned or Deleted)

I just bought a couple of Mackie MR5's...

They are freakin' awesome!

10. converge

converge Member

Sell them on here? What do you have?

11. h2oxide

h2oxide Member

I may be interested depending on what you have mate. Looking for a 2x50W amp and a DAC atm.