1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Headphone/Earphone Recommendations? Ask For Advice Here!

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Carcin0Genic

Carcin0Genic Member

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_374&products_id=21208
    7.1 channel, maybe this is down your alley?

2. Suopermanni

Suopermanni Member

Sound is sound, mate. It doesn't matter what form it takes, whether game or music, it's still sound. Whether digitally created or made through instruments, your ears will pick them up all the same.

Is your headset one of these? http://www.trittonaudio.com/prod/axpro.asp

If it is, I'd still recommend a soundcard and a stereo phone like the AD700/900. The Audio Technicas are famous for their clarity and directional accuracy. Hell, I use them myself. I've had my AD900 for nearly 5 years now and it has never stopped working.

3. Drubbing

Drubbing Member

A good open headphone with wide soundstage does all that.

AS already posted - sound is sound.

4. Sammells

Sammells Member

5. Sammells

Sammells Member

That's it. You've got it :thumbup:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  6. Sammells

Sammells Member

Looks like the A900 and a STX. Thanks for everyone's help. Couldn't recommend this forum any higher!

7. FiShy

FiShy Member

Just make a mic boom for for the A900

Click to view full size!

8. trackhappy

trackhappy Member

My CX-300IIs died last week. Looking at the MM30i as a possible replacement. Can I expect the same sort of sound from these? I really like the 300s, but the remote on the other is nice and so is the symmetric cord - the asymmetric cord on the 300s shit me with rubbing against my neck etc.

Thanks.

9. bondy_112

bondy_112 Member

Recommendations for canalphones with iPhone mic and remote? Headphones.com.au has some nice etymotics but open to suggestions.

10. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Member

ey fellas.. im looking for a portable amp/headphone combo for about 500... ideas? i was originally looking for a set of unamped headphones that have a good level of bass, denon ahd2000's to be specific but they finalised their production and im a bit lost and want a bit of a foundation on the process of looking for a new pair of cans, thanks.

11. loefah

loefah Member

Any of these with the mic and remote should do you fine! I have been using the AF78s for about a month now and I love them. Very neutral sounding, with no particular emphasis on low, mid or high end.

I have heard good things about these that may be of interest to you.

12. Drubbing

Drubbing Member

That's over his budget and is not portable - as his request for a portable amp suggests pairing with a mp3 player.

I'd ask why you want a headphone/amp combo? plenty of good quality portables that don't need amping, and amping doesn't add SQ, it drives demanding headphones to potential.

The Beyer 1350 or AT ESW9 are worth a look if it's portable you're after. No amp needed.

13. loefah

loefah Member

"The T70p is the portable version of the Beyerdynamic T70, with a lower impedance the p is easier to drive, plus the 1.2m cable is better suited to portable applications."

his budget was $500, I'll give you that, but $30 isn't far to stretch imo.

14. Drubbing

Drubbing Member

Ahh, I missed the portable version - although they're still pretty hefty if I remember from seeing them instore. Still $500+ on a phone is overcapitalising on a mp3 player IMO. If it's pulling double duty at home too, it's probably a better proposition.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  15. bondy_112

bondy_112 Member

Are you using it with an iPhone? I'm wondering if the remote works as expected.

16. ReKleSS

ReKleSS Member

The descriptions for the Etymotic HF2 and HF3 are confusing (no idea which one would be right... Ety site says HF2) but I have the HF5s and for sound they're one of my favourite headphones/IEMs, I prefer them to the ATH-ESW9s.

17. Snufkin

Snufkin Member

hf3 = hf5 with 3 button mic/remote for apple products
    hf2 = hf5 with mic/remote for android/windows/blackberry products

18. loefah

loefah Member

Na sorry mate, I have the non mic/remote model. I'm sure they would work as advertised, and if not Headphonics would sort you out I'm sure :)

19. Carcin0Genic

Carcin0Genic Member

So after having everyone in the house comlaining about my music being too loud (had very bad day) I've decided to finally purchase some headphones. The would be used for about 50/50 music and games. Music is mainly heavy metal/hardcore and games are bf3 and the like.
    Under $200, and would be run from a TitaniumHD.
    Must be comfortable for up to 3 hours. This is pretty subjective I know.

From what has been recommended to me and what I have read in a few threads I have kind of narrowed it down to either the AD700 or the M50s.
    However the people who recommended them haven't really tried anything else. This will be my first set of decent headphones so im pretty sure no matter what i get I won't be disappointed.
    So fire away! What else should I be looking at or have i got it right for once?

20. Suopermanni

Suopermanni Member

Hey mate, you could also try the AGK 242HD that mehkat is selling in the forum. That should run off your Titanium HD and should be suitable for your hard metal.