Headphone/Earphone Recommendations? Ask For Advice Here!

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Deano_20802

Deano_20802 Member

They're a bit better than the 700's IMO, they're also a bit bigger on the head though which I don't like. Definitely an improvement, but not a leap ahead.

I'd like something with more punchy bass, but I can only handle the light wing design of the AT's because of my nerve condition re: neck damage racing. Apart from that I rate the 900's a 9.5/10 across the board for the money.

2. pittster

pittster Member

Thanks for the feedback I am now looking at grabbing the ATH-ADG1X as they are aparently a AD900X with a Mic and well my boom mic picks up everything noise wise and would probably prefer a mounted mic, still on the fence a bit but I will be going the 900X or G1X depending on the Mic scenario

3. Deano_20802

Deano_20802 Member

A pleasure mate.

The mic on the ADG1X is good, but I didn't like having it in my vision when not in use. Plenty of people don't mind this, but it's worth mentioning though. Sound wise they're basically 900's so it's down to convenience / preference.

Both are good options.

4. jomo

jomo Member

Hi Guys, I'm totally new to the headphone game and looking for a suggestion for myself and my wife for slightly different requirements.

My wife: must be wireless so she can wear them around the house and play music from her phone (s8) without wire restriction. Must be noise cancelling to get away from the neighbours constant power tool use (drop saw, table saw, grinder etc.) music style she listens to is generally more acoustic laid back relaxing (think Jack Johnson) with some classic rock thrown in and 90s rnb.

Myself: would prefer wireless but it's not the end of the world for me if it has a decent cord length, primary purpose is to listen to music at work and drown out talking around me. Main music listening style is punk rock, alt rock sort of stuff - good bass is a must for me.

Joint budget is probably a stretch to $500-$600.

Would really appreciate suggestions and love feedback

Thanks!

5. Bourke

Bourke Member

Canjam 2018 with new stuff incoming.

MrSpeakers ETHER v2 - lighter and more money
    HIFIMAN- HE-6se, HE-5se, HE-1000se and 3 new models with no details.
    FOSTEX- TH-909 open
    MEZE- has a new/strange/interesting first planar.
    AUDEZE- Mobius - mobile. wireless something
    BEYERDYNAMIC - some wireless/wired phones which are advanced.

6. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Bose QC35. Leaving you not much for yourself. DT770 or something.

You just plugging yours into your phone? Do you want closed back?

7. jomo

jomo Member

Thanks Benno1998 QC35 was in line with what I was expecting from online reviews - sounds like a goer.

I'd mainly be driving from a laptop but occasionally a phone or pc with just on board sound. Closed back is definitely a requirement as I sit in an open plan office.

8. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Ok.

Well the QC35 is actually an impressive piece of kit. Worth it if you can afford.

From Lappy and Phone you need something easy to drive. I'll have a think!

Edit: The Infamous AT M50x are very popular.

9. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Or Massdrop have the DT770 Pro going at the moment. Not sure on wait time. $180 US.

I think some JB stores even sell the M50x though, or its baby brother. Easy to go try that way.