Headphone/Earphone Recommendations? Ask For Advice Here!

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

I've played CS1.6, CSS and CSGO.

I've played them all with headphones ranging from $50 to $1400, 5.1 and Stereo.

The handsdown best headphones for CSGO etc, is a high quality stereo set. AD900 were good, T90 were good, HD600 not bad, HD800 were exceptional.

At the moment I often use MrSpeakers Aeon set and I hear everything. I hear everything that others dont with their $100-$400 gaming headsets. And not just hear, but pinpoint.

Just give a budget and we can aim for best stereo setup. DAC needs to be up to scratch too though.

2. Bourke

Bourke Member

Yeah perth, A2A is the easiest to try out anything, Steve is so laid back he's asleep standing up, on top of his lack of interest in selling you things..LOL
    Also try Storedj in Cannington, they have AKG and Beyer, I looked up jus now and they keep HP in a display case, but if they hassle you for trying then they jus jerks, I don't see a prob really.
    True story, I got an email job advertisment from them, coz I bought my DT-1990 pro from there, I really had a good think about it, slight pay cut but less stress, selling HP's..LOL

Loud music is bad for you too, long term it'll catchup to you, I headphone every day jus for music and prob have them at around 75-80db, not the 85-90db most do.

3. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Any Brisbane people have any high end closed cans they want to swap with my MrSpeakers Aeon for a while to test/try?

Cascades, Z1R, LCD2 Closed etc etc.

4. Bourke

Bourke Member

Hifiman Edition X v2 - A2A ebay store with program20 code $1030

Like, how can you pass it up, they might/could/or not sound like my Ananda, but that's not a bad thing, if you like all music, comfort, detail and easy to drive.

Passed up HD650 for the moment, more for collecting then "want to hear it".
    LCD-XC is $1600 I think, HE-400 for $365..lol
    and that's in OZ with local warranty.
    Also theres a WOO WES for stats on scambay, very rare, retails for $7500, best offer of $3500, and he wouldn't take my $2500 offer..>_<
    They a good unit, if you do the upgrade work, theres one on HF which had +$8000 worth of upgrades...WTF...or that was to make it safe for use.

At top of HF, theres a heading by Hifiman in response to Spritzer's JADE II pull apart, so it's Headcase vs Head-fi for views and ratings, prob why HFM has been pushing Loaner Program for HE-6se and JADE II coz it's hurting sales.
    All they have to do is drop the price and stock will fly out the door.
    I had a look at HE-5se, can get for $900, haven't heard any round driver HFM.

5. Bourke

Bourke Member

So just some new phones drifting around, some cheap, 1 not so much......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

https://www.verum-audio.com/products

Welcome Verum 1, our debut product.
    Each time, we start a new project - we're a thinking about people who will be using it. So for whom Verum 1 is made?
    No doubts, that our firstborn is an audiphile product - open planar headphones, big over-ear design, premium materials. But our main goal is to make an audiophile grade product available for any music lover.
    For sure those headphones will benefit from a Hi-FI source & amplifier, but you can run them from the good smartphone or quality player without any problems.
    Specifications:
    • 82 mm membrane made from 8 um mylar film
      96 db sensitivity
    • 470 grams
    • 8 ohms
    Made in Ukraine........retails for $350usd
    https://www.superbestaudiofriends.o...io-exciting-high-performance-diy-planar.6348/

http://kaldasresearch.com/
    It's a $500 usd Electrostatic headphone, made in India of all places, voiced around Stax SR-009, made in house with modern methods, by 1 dude who loves Stax and headphones.

https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/aperio-headphone-system-supercede-sonoma-model-one-flagship
    This is the 2nd custom made Electrostatic headphone system built by Warwick Acoustics, the first one was $5000 usd and barely sold units, this one might be $24,000 usd, although the site I saw the post, has been taken down, so price may change or be even worse.

6. die_piggy

die_piggy Member

7. Bourke

Bourke Member

minidisc has 10% off store for Easter, I turned the store over, found no real bargains but you can still save a couple bucks if you gonna buy anyway.

JBHIFI has easter sale on everything, 20% off cd's and 5% code in email, 25 cd's for $495 delivered, I got 15 cd's last sale.