Headphone/Earphone Recommendations? Ask For Advice Here!

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

Yeah start with a 3 way BA. Single and dual BA's not really worth it as the price differences between 2 and 3 way BA's usually small but hits fucking home run when you start looking at 4 driver or more the price just shoots upwards really fast, unless you have golden ears. I'd say go with the 64 Audio model, they've been around for over half a decade and have solid reviews for models released every 1-1.5 years.

It's still shit house that we don't have as many of the brand and manufacturer offerings available in Asia and the US market. The CIEM presence in those regions are fucking huge.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  2. Bourke

Bourke Member

What you want is Isolation, Glasses friendly and musical presentation....CIEM isn't a bad idea due to the glasses thing.

Otherwise if I had to wwar in a office situation(yuck) Sony Z1-R all day, weigh nothing and excellent isolation, downside is earpads very hard/impossible to find.
    LCD-XC too heavy long term, ETHER C earpad annoys me and headband a bit tight.

Another thing to consider, when I listen at work, it's very average for the reason that when I listen at home, I want to be blown away and impressed, having HiFi at work and home will kill the buzz sooner.
    If you listen more at work than home, then sure jus flip the idea.

3. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Z1R hurt my jaw after a while, just sat wrong for my head shape. Sounded ok though.

4. fleetfeather

fleetfeather Member

is Snufkin no longer present on OCAU? I'm in need of a spare part for my DT250's, but Beyerdynamic US and EU are telling me I have to source my spares from an Australian source :(

5. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Syntec bud. Australian distributors, have all the Beyer and parts. Good to deal with. Google their website :p

Otherwise Minidisc or A2A can probably order then in too for you.

fleetfeather likes this.
  6. fleetfeather

fleetfeather Member

Cheers mate. So, I got in touch with Syntec...

Cost of part = $6.50'ish
    Shipping (from Sydney to Brisbane) = $16.50

What on earth? it's a 5mm thick plastic part, with a length and width no bigger than a credit card

7. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Ask nicely again for them to stick it in an envelope.

They have sent me $80 earpads before for free because I asked if they had any other options...

fleetfeather and Suopermanni like this.
  8. fleetfeather

fleetfeather Member

Had no luck. They told me the shipping cost is standard, and if I don't wanna pay the cost, I can try find stock elsewhere.

I did find stock locally in Brisbane, but alas, the cost is $16.50 for me to pick up. Cheaper than Syntec's price, but obviously inflated above cost price...

9. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

Find an OCAU member to buy and send it to you.

10. anark1

anark1 Member

Best airport style headphones for the wife?
    I've found that sound have a nice pair and so do senheiser? Spelling...

But I've ran audio technica gear and loved it, so I'm leaning towards their model.
    ATH-CKR7TW