1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Headphone/Earphone Recommendations? Ask For Advice Here!

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Aug 3, 2009.

1. jpw007

jpw007 Member

The Astros are fine. I got onto them from my mate who uses and loved them - He used for thousands of hours in PUBG where hearing is fairly important so that was enough for me to buy them for the kids PC.

The Maxwells are wireless so don't use with a DAC, no.

Like i mentioned, we really need to know you price range else any recommendations are going to be off the mark.

2. Maverick5

Maverick5 Member

I would say 4-500 absolute maximum
    but Tempted to get the astros if the sale is still on ($275 from mwave)

3. Skexis

Skexis Member

Hey. Looking for a gaming headset as my Turtle Beach X12's have, unsurprisingly, broken just above the right earpiece. Pretty common occurrence for TB seemingly and the online takeaway is that TB are not really up to much these days. So, need a replacement. Looking for something over ear, cheapish (sub $75) that has seperate 3.5mm mic and audio jacks rather than a USB connection, a minimum of 1.5m of connecting cable and an in-line volume control and mic cutoff. Not bothered about RGB colours etc as I won't see them. Use would be mainly for Battlefield type games and heavyish music listening. Does anyone have any recommendations before I confuse myself on Amazon and the like? Thanks.

4. fleetfeather

fleetfeather Member

I know this isn’t the best forum for it, but I’m looking for advice on…. Gasp…. Bluetooth wireless headphones

The airpods battery life aren’t up to the task for long haul flights (I’ll keep them for the gym), so I’ve been researching the QC Ultras, Momentums, XM5s, PX8 etc. and there seems to be zero consensus sigh

5. jpw007

jpw007 Member

QC45 or XM4.

Both are genuinely good options and cheap enough. I wouldn't go the XM5 because they don't fold iirc. (I've owned XM3 and QC45, both have pros and cons but both are good)

6. randomman

randomman Member

6 months on how do you rate the Audeze Maxwell?

7. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Still love them. They're great.
    They're not my 1990/1770 + ADI2 in quality of course, but they are so handy to just jump on and play, good sound, great positioning, and the mic is awesome. I havent used my desktop mic in yonks because of it. Battery lasts ages. I think they released some firmware updates recently which i did but wasn't needed as i've had nary an issue. Can't recommend them enough. Bertross is the one who got me onto them and uses his way more than me, and i believe he still loves them too

randomman and Bertross like this.
  8. Bertross

Bertross Member

Oh I love these fuckers. They’re not leaving my desk. You can EQ however you like as well. Just dont over do it on the bass. They will punish you :D

randomman likes this.
  9. randomman

randomman Member

My work issued Jabra Evolve 75+ are having the infamous boom mic issue so I'm debating purchasing a do-it-all alternative for work & personal use. I'll still have some cheapy Soundcore Q35 for traveling/ANC.

10. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

Hi all, son is chasing a set of cans that can serve as both wireless to his PC and can analogue connect to a quest 3... budget, $400-$500.

Cheers :)

11. die_piggy

die_piggy Member

How a out the audio technica m50bt?

12. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Alright so I kind of tempted to venture into the world of in-ears for prolonged gaming use. Currently my regular set are the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros and I fully accept I am not going to get the quality I get from these with a set of in-ears that are vaguely affordable.

I have been checking out a bunch of reviews and I see things like: https://www.amazon.com.au/EPOS-Audio-Gaming-Playstation-1000230/dp/B08QJQS8Y8
    but they only have ~5 hours battery life?

Is there a good option that will give me both a wired and wireless option so I can use them wirelessly with the phone etc but wired with the PC?
    Lets say for the sake of a budget keep is under $300ish AUD