1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by r8response, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Lep

Lep Member

Woo. Got my Hearthstone Beta Key!!!

Started up the game. Did a little intro game. Went straight in to arena. Paladin 1-3. I hit 2 mages, one stall pyroblast mage and one stall 3 fireball mage.

I cant wait to sink money in to arena and lose.

Ill probably start constructed when i have 90% of the cards without buying packs.

2. Bertross

Bertross Member

do play mode and ladder and get 500-700 gold then do arena mode

try and not lose your winnings then do arena again by getting the daily quests. That way it will cost you nothing.

3. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

I have a friend who is now hooked after playing it on my account if anyone has a spare key to send out :)

4. Lep

Lep Member

Honestly spending money on arcade style games is natural for me. I've downs thousands of dollars on ddr, initial dand various similar games. The hardest part now is just being good overall. Hoping to be 4-6 won average per run.

5. D.Frost

D.Frost Member

I've spent $10 on it so far, got two epics but both were the damn Murloc epic :(

Fun game but I think I'm pretty bad, especially in Arena. Done about four rounds of it and won only one game. I've been reading some stuff and I think it's because I don't know how to mana curve and I need to learn when to play cards (ie. don't play a card just because you have it).

EDIT: Would be up for any games with people. Steam ID is captain_civic

6. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

man after the reset I am getting hammered by some really good cards

must be alot of good players now back at low levels

7. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Started playing after I got a key from the korean battle.net thing. Bought a 2pack yesterday, got illidan :D

I think I'll be waiting for them all to clear the lower ranked levels before jumping back in. Had enough of that in casual.

I don't think I'll touch arena in the state it is in. It really does seem entirely luck based with the cards you'll get. Your starting hand and the draws you make are already enough of a random element for me in tcg's.

8. D.Frost

D.Frost Member

I kinda feel that way, but then I think I'm making excuses for why I suck.

9. flinchy

flinchy Member

yeah i'm getting annihilated by people with perfect decks and WAY better cards

seriously, bulk +life and +heal with 4 cards out at 7+ health each... and i've got nothing after flamestriking the same damn thing a few turns straight.

ugh.

10. Lep

Lep Member

This game is pay to win.

Ive spent 5 rounds in the arena and only get as far as 2 wins. I feel its lack of game knowledge.

Currently using basic decks in play mode vs casual and ranked. I have some wins in casual as the opponent also has a basic deck. When it comes to ranked i constantly get out played. Running in to lots of sun shatter cleric, dark iron dwarf, defender of argus and sunfury protector. Basic decks have little removal causing me to spend two or three cards to remove build creatures.

Ill play few more days of ranked and casual before i get back in to arena. Mining dat gold.

11. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

My deck is getting up there now

I brought a couple for the 100 gold price, but mainly I have gotten them though arena

I just work on completing the daily challenges to build up my gold

Also because I played arena a bit, I have some dust so Ive managed to craft some cards, nothing great, but it still adds to the deck

Played a few games against Warlocks today which had their decks loaded with Murlocs. So every card they played was cheap and just about boosted every other card they had down until it was just to hard to keep up with them. I might try the same setup myself :)

12. flinchy

flinchy Member

having no luck in arena

got mage

got no ice, and every option was terrible and cheap or good an expensive. worst deck.

ffs.

13. aeon.Nemesis

aeon.Nemesis Member

talk ab out bad luck.. i have 3 flamestrikes in my deck.. mid way through and he has a full board and i don't pull any even after 3 rounds of full board.. then he pulls 3 bloodlusts!

14. aeon.Nemesis

aeon.Nemesis Member

further bad luck.. got thrown off battlenet very close to winning :-/

15. odessa

odessa Member

can you still sign up for the beta?

16. Near

Near Member

Happened to me too. Relogged, queued up again and won my next game, so no big deal :thumbup:

17. Lep

Lep Member

I feel sorry for those losing to me in constructed. Im using the basic decks provided by the game. Then again im getting bulldozed by the majority.

18. [PnP]dredd

[PnP]dredd Member

As far as I can tell, signups for the beta closed a few days ago.

<--- looking for a beta key

19. Lep

Lep Member

Silly game messed up on me.

Playing as Mage in arena and was going 10-1 and then during the 12th game the opponent froze and didn't pass the turn for about 10 minutes. The game just stayed there playing music and allowing me to interact with the environment.

I was forced to quit the game and reload. Naturally back in arena i was 10-2. Then i queued into a mage who just outplayed me with some top decks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had 3 frost bolt, 1 fireball, 1 blizzard and deathwing. Deathwing saved me like 6 games.

edit: ugbox isnt working for me.

20. Near

Near Member

Same thing happened to me, but I played it out and it counted as a win for me. Was kinda cool.