Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by r8response, Mar 23, 2013.

1. cmdwedge

cmdwedge Member

I have an iPad 3 (the first retina display iPad) and it's a bit choppy but playable. I've been resisting the temptation to buy a 2nd iPad for the house.. damnit, Blizzard!

2. D.Frost

D.Frost Member

Does anyone know if Hearthstone would support touch functionality on a Windows OS (ie. Win 8) tablet? Has anyone tried it?

3. Sabien

Sabien Member

4. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

5. MoorKhan

MoorKhan Member

I tried it on my surface2 a while back, last year I think, and it worked. Some of the targeting was a little weird, but it was functional enough to play.

Pretty sure it was just the surface touch screen emulating a mouse pointer though, rather than any dedicated touchscreen controls.

6. D.Frost

D.Frost Member

Sweet, looks like it'll be on Android phones too.

Cool, thanks dude. My sister-in-law snatched up a 256gb Surface Pro 2 for me recently so I was hoping I could play Hearthstone while sitting in the lounge room with it. :thumbup:

7. Lep

Lep Member

Hearthstone on ipad has been very fun. It uses a very small amount of data when playing which is great. Ive been taking the ipad with me on the way to work, from work and on lunch breaks. Cant wait till it comes out on android. Im not a fan of the platform but im just going with it.

Recently have had a little more success in arena. Going 6-3 about 3 or 4 times now. Previously i wouldnt even make it passed 2-3. More playing, gives more game knowledge, gives more favorable game position.

Cant wait for an expansion.

Late Edit: be careful while playing on the ipad. ive made so many misclicks. some that have cost me the game and others not so much. ive accidently fireballed and frostbolted my face, when i try to cast the spell then choose not to but actually cast it on myself.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  8. D.Frost

D.Frost Member

Tested this out and it works like a dream. Even on wi-fi there's no lag between moves.

Yeah this has been my experience on my machine too. Luckily I haven't self-fireballed but you have to be careful while touching the screen, that's for sure.

9. Eradicate'

Eradicate' Member

just discovered this, its pretty amazing for an ipad game. major step up from paper toss for me lol. Started the other night and managed to win 6 games in a row, pretty happy with that

10. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

I have been having games crashes on the ipad lately

really annoying, normally right at a crucial point in the game

11. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

So ive brought a bunch of packs, and disenchanted the lot of them :(

need some legendary cards for a change

12. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

I'm at the same point now, I can either netdeck one of the cheap zoos and go for easy wins, or I need some better cards.

When I'm playing to clear my quests, I'm starting to run into some pretty overpowered decks, as soon as we get to turn 8, its legendary after legendary... and all I've got is Ogre's and Lords of the Arena.

Instead of pushing me towards buying decks, its pushing me to play less. I just insta-conceded 20 or so matches to tank my skill rating so I can play against people on decks with similar power ratios to what I've got.

13. Elfanger

Elfanger (Banned or Deleted)

Play rush decks then so it doesnt get to turn 8.

14. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

"Most" of my decks are good, but I would like to be able to have the option to change things up a bit :)

15. D.Frost

D.Frost Member

I find rush decks super boring though. I set one up once to get a quick win with the Hunter for a daily, match over on turn 6, didn't really enjoy it.

16. japes

japes Member

Poor abandoned thread.

Just had a casual game as a Priest against a Legend Mage who was playing a freeze/Alexstrasza burn deck and had been milling cards all game with two Iceblocks.

Have been playing around with Prophet Velen recently and currently have him in my priest deck. He wasn't board clearing but had been freezing and trying to Doomsayer since about turn 6, so I had amassed a couple of Injured Blademasters with taunt, 2 Azure Drakes, and a Prophet Velen.

The turn before I proc his first Ice Block, he Alexstrasza's me to 15 in preparation for the burn, he's got about 7 cards in hand and it's Turn 11 so I know he doesn't quite have his full combo since it's usually 9 cards, but he very likely has enough to burn through 15hp.

Hope to draw a Holy Fire, don't get it, so I PW:S Velen and manage to topdeck it (I hadn't drawn one yet). Double Azure Drake and Velen make it a 14 damage Holy Fire to kill Alexstrasza and I believe it healed for 12, followed by a Hero Power for 4 to be back at 30.

Having good fun with the deck :thumbup:, although it's often frustrating.

17. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

I think it is just a bit of a lull until the meta shakes up again, or naxx comes out.

I tried super budget aggro pally deck last night, that was actually really fun. It is super silly (dump hand, divine favor it all back), but more enjoyable than say zoolock to play.

Probably not as strong overall, but has different matchups. Priest is one that actually destroys it sadly :( But being able to stomp handlocks and hold its own vs both aggro locks and miracle rogue is decent :)

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  18. japes

japes Member

Indeed. I only play casual because ranked stresses me out for some unknown reason (I hate having a number or designation show how good/bad I am), but it's entirely Meta when you've got a decent MMR/ELO/Whatever. I've just hit 60 on the Control Warrior, my deck of choice, and wanted to see if I could venture into another deck that I could feel completely comfortable with.

I played a lot of Shaman when I first got into the game but I feel it's weak in the current meta (even more so when it was Huntards for days) if you don't draw what you need early to stem tempo decks or put out tempo early to overwhelm control decks. With that said, I usually hate facing Shaman's.

Paladin was the other deck I played a lot of, but I'm not sure if I want to commit to it.

Priest I like because it's fun, quirky, and is a bit underrated in my opinion. There's priest players like Amaz and DuckWingFACE that regularly play it at Legend/Tournaments and do well, I just think it's underrated in the current meta because you can't it seems like a class that you can't just get the hang of after one session and start wrecking face.

Speaking of the Meta, it's pretty damn skewed by people who can basically craft a Leeroy and play a rush deck, whereas the well thought out control decks usually require 3-5 Legendary's, if not more. Zoo and Huntard being cheap are the reason they plague the ladder. What's easy and cheap will always be popular, which is whydecks full of small creatures that require very little long-term decision making, rushing face, or playing what is essentially solitaire (Miracle Rogue). I appreciate Miracle Rogue as an amazingly thought out deck, but the options for counter-play are very limited. I haven't played it, but watching it in tournaments is boring as fuck.

I won't be surprised to see a change to either Conceal or Preparation.

19. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Since the Huntard Nerf, which means less playing it, Miracle rogue has only gotten stronger, simply because its so hard to remove a concealed auctioneer.

Priest is fun, but relies on making it to the late game, and with the Aggro meta as it stands, you need a dream draw and mulligan to even have a chance. Lack of 2 and 3 drops is what hurts me as priest, and if they are just storing cards or building a board, my Hero power is almost useless.

I do love it (and epic sax guy always goes off in my head) when they ignore a turtle or mogushan warden, and I can double divine spirit + inner fire it.

20. japes

japes Member

I kind of like Priest against agro, but as you said it definitely relies on solid draws.

Face lights up when I'm going second up against Zoo with a Cleric, Pyromancer, and 2 PW:S (or one and a Smite) in hand; then it's a Handlock...

I always felt it was good against Hunter, or at least always felt it had a chance. Had an amazing game a couple of weeks back against a Legend Hunter where he developed a big board against me late in the game; Highmane into Houndmaster. SWD'd the Highmane leaving the Hound Master, then next turn he Mukla'd and Highmane'd again. He was almost out of cards and had to put a heap of pressure down.

Pyromancer, SWD the Highmane to proc Deathrattle, heal the Pyromancer, double banana the Pyromancer to kill off the Hyena's and finish the Houndmaster, then smited Mukla to clear board. Was pretty happy with myself after that win.

Edit: I have now exhausted my cool Hearthstone stories.