[PROJECT] Heavy Duty R/C Tool Box

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by ShadowBurger, Jan 18, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

mate that'd be excellent! I'm also melbourne SE (3809 to be exact). The 5/8" pilot hole would be perfect. Cheers. The hard part is attaching the sprocket to the axle without welding it or using something difficult to build without special machines, like splines.

Haha Tasmik I'll build you one for a small fee :D

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  2. Lupuscrux

Lupuscrux Member

Shadow,
    when you go to build Tasmik one or rebuild yours shoot me a pm, lots of places local to you.
    As for locking the sprocket to the shaft, here is my thoughts you have a solid shaft/one shaft driving both rear wheels still yes? to lock the sprocket to the shaft I'd go for a Taper lock bush and sprocket to suit (you'll only get them in the industrial pitch's not the scooter/motor bike pitch you currently have)

3. OP
    OP
    ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

If I put a post here saying I'll do something, I'm more likely to do it! So here goes; I'm going to convert this thing into a little ride-on buggy. The steering motor will go to be replaced with handle bars, the frame will be widened for a bit more stability, and a seat and twist throttle will be added. It's really hard to find gears that can be used without access to a milling machine or lathe but if I'm able, I'll raise the gearing so it's a bit faster.

:D:thumbup: