Hello to my fellow noobs, I am a Noobian from the town of Nooba

Discussion in 'Newbie Lounge' started by Gypocobra, May 17, 2019.

1. Gypocobra

Gypocobra New Member

G'Day fellow Noobs

I recently rejoined this forum after trying to figure out my logins from like 16 something years ago LOL! I havent been on this forum for that long since i was a noob to PC building in like 2002-2008 or there about (i cant remember how old this forum is but i think it was around at that time and im sure i had an account.

Im back at it again and i feel so much has changed since then and hence im a noob again!

My friend recently helped me mod an existing Lenovo Thinkstation with the following:

1) Intel Xeon x3440 processor
    2) Asus GTX 970
    3) PSU 650 Corsair semi modular
    4) SSD

And man can i feel the difference. I know I am a bit behind but I am loving the ability of this older hardware keeping up with the joneses especially in modern titles. Im not a hardcore Gamer like I used to be (back in the day i had an AMD64 with a Gigabyte 6600GT and thought i was the best! HAHAHHA), but man I am loving this system.

Looking to build something on a budget, something overclockable to get me in this hobby again...any suggestions what to tinker with that's not too expensive?

THanks in advance!

2. Pugs

Pugs Member

The admins can help you recover your old account....

3. OP
    OP
    Gypocobra

Gypocobra New Member

i cant really remember the details to be honest

4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

What's your upper limit?

5. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Welcome back :)
    Tell us your ideal budget and you'll get a half dozen suggestions as to the best road to take. Are you specifically building a gamer? Are there specific games you are interested in playing, or specific genres of games? Do you aspire to have the best machine you can build, or the best bang for buck?
    Or are you like me? Not much of a gamer at all and more interested in getting the most from your hardware than actually playing games.. a tinkerer :D