Help me escape the evil clutches of Froggy.

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Bigtosser, Jun 28, 2001.

1. Bigtosser

Bigtosser Member

I am hoping to get some recommendations for a dial up ISP, in Brisbane.I was lured to go to Froggy after the One-tel demise and to be frank, they have been bloody hopeless.Can't connect at all between 6-10pm weeknights and even when connected it has been as slow as a wet week.I guess 18 bucks a month sounds cheap but if you can't connect al of a sudden it doesn't seem such a deal after all.

2. Manaz

Manaz (Damned or Belated)

Have you looked at Dingo Blue?

3. Yaleman

Yaleman Member

I've found that Pacific Internet / Zipworld (they are the same company) are a really good dialup company - $24.95/month 500mb dload. They are really fast and I never have a problem with connections.

www.pacific.net.au - They do the hosting for OCAU as well!

4. Iceman

Iceman Member

Say.. sure your still not dialing one-tel? I used them for a bit.. service is very similar ;)

5. Morjo

Morjo Member

GoConnect are charging $20 a month, with unlimited downloads, and of course no more ad banner.
    So give them a go.

6. IPfreely

IPfreely Member

iPrimus's infinity plan ain't too bad if you can tolerate a 4 hour session limit. Nice speed and pings for dialup + unlimited d/l (IPGN = iPrimus Gaming Network :))
    $25/month

If you're more of a leecher I'd definitely choose DingoBlue tho... redialling every 4 hours can get expensive ;)

7. Myrddin

Myrddin Member

i would have to suggest ihug over dingoblue, i was with dingoblue prior to their account changes (i told em exactly where to stick it with their 1.5Gb per month download limits, and max of 400hrs a month connection time). i'm online with ihug 24x7 with unlimited downloads and only disconnected now during peak periods typically once a day or so.
    Dingoblue have really shitty tech support (mind you ihug isn't better, but at least its 24hr support for those users without a clue). :D :D

8. Yaleman

Yaleman Member

And remember, as I've said before on IRC, and other forums - GoConnect isn't Unlimited

If you read a few levels into their usage limits, there is a 500mb a month limit - They say you can't use it for business, and what they consider business use is more than 500mb / month.

Still not bad for $19.95/month, but there is a contract you have to go on, and I don't like their service - I prefer $5 more for no session limits and 500mb/month with great speed!

9. killmaster

killmaster (Banned or Deleted)

I agree with a few people here.
    Dingoblue are good.
    Same with Ihug, I would have never joined Froggy in the first place.
    Don't know why you did??
    cya

10. killmaster

killmaster (Banned or Deleted)

The only bad thing about Dingoblue, is they don't have any forums or anything similer to Ihug.
    You have to email them, and sometimes it takes forever to get a reply.
    cya

11. sen

sen Member

I use pacific.net.au 180hr plan,
    do bout 2gigs or so a month, get good pings to us game servers etc.

12. Assassin

Assassin Member

As has been said before stay away from Goconnect,
    as well as the download limit they still show advertising.

"Option Plan Members are served banner or video advertisements for 5 to 10 minutes per hour. In addition other user closable content may also be served. For the remaining time in the hour, GoTrek automatically minimises and lays dormant in the Members system tray. No more than 15 to 20 minutes of content will be shown in any one hour time frame."

13. Murder1

Murder1 Member

True, true, Ihug rocks for surfing the net and d/ling stuff, But the only downside is........most cs servers you get crap pings, except for a few..

14. Draffa

Draffa Member

IPrimus. They're the best i've come across so far.

15. catharsis

catharsis Member

Unfortunantly thier 'unlimited' plan is only available in metro areas.

16. jamesrowe3

jamesrowe3 Guest

Have you thought about switching to someone else??

Hey there froggy user,
    Froggy would have to be one of the most crappest internet connections, Having friends who have told me about froggy there is a download limit at about 120mb, disapointing, also being told about i-hug by my friends I was told it wasn't bad, I was told about i-primus as well, I reckon your best bet if your looking for cheap fast reliable internet dialup connection, look no further than Ozemail, Providing a good connection to Australia I used to have Unlimited internet access standard a month for about $24.95 a month unlimited, it's pretty good standard connection, However ...... If your looking to spend a little more money on internet speed defiantly get Optus@home, I now have optus@home connection for $64.95 a month. Ozemail kep't me very very happy for about 3 years until i decided on a better connection.:) :eek: :eek: