Help Who makes Gigabytes Xtreme Waterforce waterblocks?

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by Jody Hodgson, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Jody Hodgson

Jody Hodgson New Member

I have hit a snag on my first loop....

I have this card but it is just a fraction too tall so i need to know if i can use an L bridge to make it shorter and fit int he case??

Questions:

1Who is making the waterblocks for Gigabyte Xtreme waterforce series??

[​IMG]

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N208TAORUSX-WB-11GC#kf

2. Will any of these fit?

[​IMG]
    https://shop.bitspower.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_102_201&product_id=3437

[​IMG]
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Byk...-Acrylic-Bridge-For-Bykski-s/32946406283.html

[​IMG]
    http://www.formulamod.com/barrow-bs...r-barrows-gpu-water-block-refit-p1798862.html

My ultimate goal is to achieve this outcome:

[​IMG]

I have the GPU card already so I can measure from it I just dont have access to any of the measurements for the aftermarket low profile l brackets for the Inlet and Outlets.

All help and ideas most welcome.....

I really want to get it in with the side cover on and it is proud by like 1.5mm GGGRRR

2. havabeer

havabeer Member

as a bit of a bodge up solution... could you add 1.5mm rubber gasket around the edge to push the side panel off?

Jody Hodgson likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Jody Hodgson

Jody Hodgson New Member

Possibly I will have a look at this, still looking for a non bodge of course LOL

4. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Fitment block says Bykski or Barrow mate, but without a real shot it's hard. EK changes their angles for 2xxx, Bitspower lacks the middle thread.

As for your linked blocks, channels to fittings from the propaganda shot look rectangular, so likely Barrow or Bykski bridges would fit.

If you own the card, can you post a 'real' photo of the fitment block? :thumbup:

Jody Hodgson likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Jody Hodgson

Jody Hodgson New Member

Hey Juzz86 thanks mate here is some pix to try and see what you think??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. OP
    OP
    Jody Hodgson

Jody Hodgson New Member

OK So i managed to gently remove the decal and the block to have a better understanding of dimensions and other key features:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. havabeer

havabeer Member

Cant shave off 1.5mm of the outer edge?

Jody Hodgson likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Jody Hodgson

Jody Hodgson New Member

I am thinking if I can’t identify an alternative that will be the next best solution:)

I am thinking it is EK as looking at other pics it appears the Barrow stuff is wider hope pitching and it appears EK use the 4 holes for the water in and out at the card block as opposed to everyone else seems to use 2 (1 for inlet and 1 for outlet).

9. juzz86

juzz86 Member

I think you're probably right after all Jody, the hex-keyed stop plugs I've only ever seen on EK, same with the four channel outlets. Good sleuthing, sorry for leading you up the garden path :thumbup:

In that case, you should be right to pick a compatible block adapter. There's also this with rotaries on it, if that makes things easier!

Jody Hodgson likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    Jody Hodgson

Jody Hodgson New Member

I scanned all the Ek stuff and did not feel confident in the fir HOWEVER!!!!!!! I took too mine with a file and some wet and dry and some plastic polish and it not fits and it looks factory as !!!!!!

I will throw up some pix in coming day or so it looks perfect and was not too much of a hassle.

An EK may have fit but this way I know it fits :p

Thanks for all the input and ideas team ! :)