1. Win some Team Group goodies in OCAU's latest contest!
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Bash?

Discussion in 'Apple Desktop Hardware/Software' started by DrJK, Oct 28, 2019.

1. DrJK

DrJK Member

Ever since Catalina dropped, it seems all the Terminal commands I had stored in a nice little text document so that I could copy paste them whenever I needed them now no longer work.

I am sad panda.

Every time qBittorrent has been updated, I used to have to go through this annoying little process to get rid of the 'Allow incoming connections' box popping up every time I opened the application. Because of this, I had a terminal command saved that would fix this, and it went like this:
    Code:
    cd /Applications

sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Applications/qbittorrent.app
    This no longer works. How do I now do this so that it will work?

2. evilasdeath

evilasdeath Member

what error do you get?

3. waltermitty

waltermitty Member

Run transmission-daemon lol

4. miicah

miicah Member

It's probably the security settings in Catalina. You might not be allowed to explicitly give qbittorrent permission in a script any more.

5. [KEi]SoVeReIgN

[KEi]SoVeReIgN Member

People on this forum only know how to complain about Apple, not do anything constructive - So it's not the best place to ask questions like this.

Anyway - Catalina changed the default shell from bash to zsh

Add this line to the top of your script, it will tell Catalina to use the bash interpreter.
    #!/bin/bash

But you don't really need to do what you're doing - You're code signing the app to get around the firewall restriction, codesigned apps are given access without exception in Catalina, but they also get access to other system functions. You can just as easily drag the application into the firewall exceptions list, and that should stick when its updated.