Helpdesk software for MSP

Discussion in 'Business & Enterprise Computing' started by Kodaz, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Kataton1c

Kataton1c Member

If you'd like a ticket system with recurring billing and full Xero intergration, shoot me a PM - we developed our own.

2. neoprint

neoprint Member

We're using Labtech, seems to work pretty well. Has a ninite plugin which blows everyones mind the first time you show it to them...

3. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

I've used Connectwise/Zendesk/Minutedock/RT/Kace and Connectwise is by far the best - it ties in with n-able monitoring really well (If any alert comes up, it generates a ticket and goes to the appropriate queues.

The only thing im not a fan of within CW is that using the client, from memory you can't open multiple tabs, and it isn't the fasts/snappiest system.
    (There's a web access version to accompany this though).

Just my 2c

4. ECHO

ECHO Member

We use GFI Max (now known as MAXFocus). We just have a Ninite script which basically does the same thing I believe as the Labtech plugin. Ninite is great :)

You can definitely do tabs. I haven't known it without tabs (and we've used it for 3 years+ now). One of the more recent versions even lets you split out the tabs too (into separate windows for multi monitor setups).

Yes, the .Net client is a big clunky and some of my staff are actually using the web interface instead as it's a lot more responsive (however it is missing some features at the moment). I think the plan is to get rid of the desktop client and go fully web at some point ...

We host CW on premise (rather than in their cloud) and it's not too bad.

5. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

Ah ok, maybe it's the opening tabs via scroll click bit which wasn't working on our companies on-premise, cause that definitely shat me off, to a point where I stopped using it lol...

6. KDog

KDog Member

Dragging this thread up.

I need to implement a support system, we sell/support IT sec equipment.

We are a very small company spread across Aus and US. We don't have any CRM but will probably start using Salesforce again. Does anyone have experience with Desk.com for salesforce?
    Basically I need the following.
    1) Customer raises issue (most likely through email)
    2) Case number assigned.
    3) Assigned to account manager, details of products/support level etc pulled from CRM.
    4) Acc Man and CTO and soft/eng can see and resolve ticket.
    5) Some kind of knowledge base.

I don't think what we require is complex but I know nothing about this topic so would be interested in people opinions of the best method to approach this. Would Zendesk or Freshdesk be a better way to go? As per usual the budget is nothing.

7. OP
    OP
    Kodaz

Kodaz Member

We went with Naverisk and Autotask. I'd suggest autotask but way more than you need and zendesk not quite enough.