1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Heroes of Newerth (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Glitchlol, Jul 27, 2009.

1. the-enigma

the-enigma Member

Curious, how common is a Soulstealer build with Post Haste, Assassin's Shroud?

Twice today I've been in "noob" games. Both games were <1550 PSR. In both games, there's been a SS go solo mid, farm both these items up, make lots of use of a winged courier+bottle. Both games the SS has pretty much dominated the team he was on.

Once he was on my side, and we still lost. But he was a serious powerforce, pretty much ganking the other team at will.
    By the end of that game he was 25. Rest of our team was 16/16/17/19. Other team was 18/19/20/24/25.

Pretty sure he was first to 25 as well.

Second game he was on the opposing team. By the time we conceded, we were 10/10/11/11/12. They were 11/13/13/16/21, and the 16 was just lucky that he happened to be near the Soulstealer most of the game.

Games are 3820429 and 3937955.

Anyway, I don't mind being, but the reason I ask is that both games the Soulstealer seemed to have identical strats/builds, but he had two different names, so possible two accounts. I asked him if it was the same person, he said something along the lines of "ha whatever".

2. Comma

Comma Member

I normally rush post haste to farm, and then get a blink dagger. But the old school build was always lothars/assassin's shroud due to the fact that you can kill underfarmed squishies with your ulti. Plus the survival aspect. I'd rather spend the 1600g more from the shroud on other things though...

3. N1zmo

N1zmo Member

hey guys

apparently im gonna be banned for tossing a useless demented into the enemies

bye! :p bahhaa

4. N1zmo

N1zmo Member

well i just got out of a great match. if anyone wants to see some really great teamwork in pub play watch match replay 4687549

5. hvalac

hvalac Member

what is ur username in hon?

6. N1zmo

N1zmo Member

romanian..

7. hvalac

hvalac Member

yar i found that out by looking at ur previous posts, seems like quite a handy feature.

8. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

I've found that the average skill of players improves around 1am ROFL......then again I just had the worst vindi and voodoo that lost the game for us...They ksed me all early game and I still had more farm :s

9. U238-Shell

U238-Shell Member

Heard this game has major imbalance issues?

Or have they been ironed out a bit?

I know it's going to take ages for stuff to get balanced, it took DotA ages.

I might just stick with DotA for now, DotA's free and I couldn't get a HoN beta key anywhere. :(

Beta's ended now, right?

10. N1zmo

N1zmo Member

imbalance issues? its the same as dota.. they have major tourneys for hon now so yeah imbalance is most definately not an issue!

the only bad thing about hon, is that you can't lan it.....

11. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

I was listening to an interview they did with a pro SC2 player the other day. He commented that there is "no such thing as imbalance" and he is pretty well right. There is a counter to just about everything in HoN and given (if you are smart) and you play BP or BD you can ban out the truly OP heroes anyway.

Last patch addressed some of the minor imbalances, Engineer still needs work but on a whole it is a lot better. Imbalances seem larger because of the shallower hero pool too.

All in all very good, sorry to nizmo and co for not playing with you but I got my win ;)

12. the-enigma

the-enigma Member

Yeah, it's retail now.

You can still create private games and have friends join those, and the lag should be minimal at best. Sure, still maybe 100-200ms but it's easily playable.

13. Orion...

Orion... Member

Everytime I log on at night now theres only 16k people online, barely any SD games on.

Is the population slowly dwindling? I haven't played for at least a few weeks now...

14. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

It's just poor in our time zone because all of the "PINOYLAH" are playing on GARENA now. When I was arvos all last week I was playing at like 1-2am and they had about 25k+.

I never expected there to be 40k like in open beta, keeping in mind that half the accounts were smurfs, cheap tards who weren't buying anyway, and people who couldn't play to save their life.

In fact if anything I think the player base is slowly going up? Also.....there are other modes than SD ;)

15. N1zmo

N1zmo Member

yeah the skill level has been rising, although its way far off from where BA is at now.. garena is chock block full of retards, played 1 game on there and never went back

16. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

Just played the most hilarious game. Scout and Glacius went mid as we assumed Fayde would solo mid (which she didn't I was stuck solo lane as elec vs her and Vindi....)

Anyway Scout gets a 6 min sustainer as mid is feeding hard. After that he gets shut down, they are all over the map stopping him from farming and we have some ok gankers but not a huge about of burst to get them down. Scout finally gets TWO yes TWO Doombringers and proceeds to own the game, we get to racks down and 1 of the shrine towers when he gets cocky and goes for a solo annhilation...and DIES. In the mad scramble vindi and Fayde pick up doombringers...... They come and racks us, as we look for a gank we catch their Valk out of place who falls really quickly, Fayde (feeling all boss with his doombringer) comes to try and save the day but we lock him down and he dies. Scout now has ONE of his doombringers back. We push bot to get mega creeps, we aim vindi and he drops fast, I somehow end up with a doombringer as elec, we get mega creeps and win!

Was looking really dicey once we lost those doombringers however their Fayde just had no clue for the most part and over played and lost them the game :D

17. Randy_Chuggs

Randy_Chuggs (Banned or Deleted)

9 game losing streak. This is crap.

18. N1zmo

N1zmo Member

so like last night i got fed with scout, i was ripping thru their team (4 hit kills on 4 of their heros :S).. too bad our engi failed ulties and went tank build, they managed to rax 2 of our lanes.

their team went through about 5 or 6 eyes, was i carrying hard enough? lol

match id 4708222 if u want to watch replay, kinda stupid tho

19. hvalac

hvalac Member

thats pretty crazy being able to get 2 doombringers in a game, he must ave been farming like crazy.

20. Akira

Akira Member

I think I'm finally beginning to get the hang of this game. It's a pretty steep learning curve after playing DoTA for so long. I know what I want to buy but in recent history had no idea what it was now called, nor what I needed to buy to get it.
    Now I feel like that in DoTA haha! Game name is Akiira btw. Add me!