1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Heroes of Newerth (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Glitchlol, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Orion...

Orion... Member

I enjoy Random No Em and SD no EM. AP is shite, same OP heroes get picked day-in, day-out.

2. Randy_Chuggs

Randy_Chuggs (Banned or Deleted)

Yea, I'm the same. The reason I hate AP and BD is I don't know who to pick...

3. hvalac

hvalac Member

Yes i'm over em and i'm sick of ap, i prefer sd or bd, bp is ok but still pretty much ap.

4. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

I generally play BD or BP. I sometimes random in AP games or I just pick a support!

For some retarded reason I keep winning games, but I have a horrible score (fair call if I am a support I guess)....but my KDR keeps going down by like 0.1 each time and yet my PSR keeps going up......weird game haha

5. Randy_Chuggs

Randy_Chuggs (Banned or Deleted)

Haha, I'd rather that than both going down :thumbdn:

6. Comma

Comma Member

The more your play, the more your Win/Loss will tend towards 50-50 (Indicating you're within the right skill tier).

The more you play, the more your K/D/A Ratio will tend towards the type of class you're best at.

7. hvalac

hvalac Member

I love int heroes, glacius, pyro, jester, witch, vindi, blacksmith. quite bad with str heroes and not to good with agi.

8. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

The inherant problem with str heroes is that you either need a really good lane partner to give you farm you need, and agi hero's are glass cannons so the same apply. I find most int heroes get to sit back and just do their own thing!

I'm going to start learning how to play carry heroes soon I think though my KDR makes me cry. Yeah my win % has gone from 72% to 59% and I am currently hovering around 1650PSR. I start losing once I get higher and start winning once I drop so definitely about right. Aiming to be a 1700+ player if all goes well!

9. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

Don't random.....ever.....Sandwraith on my first Random in an AP game, with no support heroes (I was in lane with a Rampage, who also got my courier with a beastheart on it killed....) God that game annoyed me!

10. the-enigma

the-enigma Member

You managed to construct the whole beastheart on a courier? Usually I only bring one piece at a time.

11. m0tyrider

m0tyrider Member

Personally i hate intel hero's, im more of a tank/high dmg player.

I like EM Modes because the games dont go for to long, any mode doesn't bother me long as its EM tbh.

We should organise a match for all us OCAU boys

12. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

beastheart /= Behemoth heart!

13. N1zmo

N1zmo Member

i wanna get into a clan :(

14. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

The ones I have had the misfortune of joining made my HoN experience worse over all.

Just had a great game where everyone was very talkative and thought about picks (1600+ BP) we first picked Accursed, then took plague and FA, then picked dsham and slither.

Our slither was amazing he was legendary inside 10 mins laning with dsham and our accursed was also very good. You are almost guaranteed a win when the team talks about it, has courier wards and items organised all before a ready up!

Accursed went nomes I went astro and dsham went barrier idol....was an epic game!

15. N1zmo

N1zmo Member

hmm, i mostly play sd/ap.

maybe playing bp will give me my want to play in clan style games? will give it a shot though.

16. hvalac

hvalac Member

God dam I hate when u get 1st pick in MM and chronos / tempest / plague are available to choose and someone wants pyro..... only to fail mid with him and get a lvl 1 stun at lvl 7.... WHO GETS STUN AT LVL 7!!??!

had some good games yesterday, 1st game today and i'm raging hardcore on the mic at a pyro who not only sucks donkey dick but tells people to get wards.. he's a bloody support hero. it's his bloody job. I swear some ppl are just retarded. Some other ppl on the other hand are bloody great to play with.

17. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

Nothing better than having a pretty average start and coming back for a win! Granted we had a lot of late gamers, our SS early game was horrid the glacius eng lane was dominating our pesti dsham (well I lived....but pesti was getting no farm). Pred was forced to solo and our tundra was just staying alive.

Even with their engy getting charged hammer and savage mace, magmus having a sotm and glacius having a sotm it took all three of them to kill our pred. In no small part thanks to dsham and the sex that are his heals and his cape.

We almost conceded at 15 too!!

18. nathanblogs

nathanblogs Member

to win hon,

1) have pred
    2) have your whole team defend while pred farms
    3) ....
    4) pred annihilation.

I am yet to find a way to counter pred with support late game.

I'm getting sick of ppl qqing when I dont get grip with engineer tho :/, people need to release engineer rapes early game with a shield.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  19. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

Weird thing about pred is I NEVER saw him in games, he was such a horrendous pick because there are / were better carries out there than him in so many ways. Yet all of a sudden I've seen a resurgence in the amount of times he has been picked. Not sure if the current "meta-game" makes him a more viable pick with strong push teams not being picked 100% of the time but he's very popular.

Electrician ;)

I dunno Electrician is traditionally a ganker, while shield is nice you also don't have the mana pool to really sustain a good amount of DPS on a target when a long duration stun followed by a nuke is probably more justified. I've seen carry electricians before that get no grip, but 99% of the time a good ganking elec will get more farm from hero kills early on and then stop ksing and give his carries farm mid game.

Thats just my 2c though.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  20. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

Double post?