Heroes of Newerth (General Discussion)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Glitchlol, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Erwino

Erwino Member

Probably playing a supportive role. I hope he warded and counter warded whole game

2. Vassili

Vassili Member

Still, should be able to have more than that by 17, even with keeping wards bought out.

3. Erwino

Erwino Member

Not necessarily considering 11 deaths and 90 gpm. It's not all that bad considering he's not really item dependent as long as he can get his spells off in team fights before he dies. Personally I'd prefer some one like him that's got a shit gpm cos he's letting the carry get all the last hits and no items cos he's spent all his gold on wards and counter wards then some one not buying wards and focusing on better items and less deaths. He's got lots of assists so he must be doing something right in team fights.

4. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

Can't say I agree with that mentality, there is a big difference between a bombardier with an ulti staff and spell shards than one who has bought wards all game. Also saying 11 deaths and 90GPM is good for your farm isn't really true either if the other teams carry got a good portion of those 11 deaths....which in reality he should have. It's not hard to have your carry on high 300's in GPM and your supports around 200 if you are smart.

5. Erwino

Erwino Member

I agree it could be better I'm just saying it's not as bad as it looks. For a support role to get staff and spell shards he's gonna need Alot of farm. I'd much rather see that farm go to the carry cos he will scale better with the items then the support. I'd rather see 100 gpm support and 400gpm carry then 200gpm support and 300gpm carry

6. DarkAvernus

DarkAvernus Member

Just a reminder guys for all those looking for the chance to win some cold hard cash just for playing hon!

Brisbane this weekend is Endurance Lan (http://www.endurancelan.org/) Where we will providing a $600 Dollar Prize Pool! If you don't have a team don't worry as there are many people that will be there looking as well :)

Also if you intend to come, make sure you preregister for the event to qualify for the discounted ticket price!

7. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

Another new hero on friday.......Heroes of Patcherth.

8. Randy_Chuggs

Randy_Chuggs (Banned or Deleted)

Hey Grunt, have you ever been to an Internet Cafe called Rush? I saw some guy in there playing HoN, and I've asked everyone I've met that plays HoN, and lives in Adelaide

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  9. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

Lol! Nah I don't frequent LAN cafe's much I really struggle to get online much these days to be honest. Having a social life kills your gaming time. Where is rush internet cafe? I'll go smash it up some time with you....and by smash it up I mean lose :(

10. Randy_Chuggs

It's pretty close to the Train Station near Rundle Mall.

[​IMG]

It's a Korean internet cafe, most of the times I've been there I've seen some guys playing SC1 really well :lol:

11. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

Yeah I know the one, I'm only playing like 1-2 times a week now with mates as I never get on....Got given heaps of money for my bday had like 30 odd left over so bought some HoN coins for the lolz, now I have the badass announcer pack and a few alt avatars I've wanted :D :D.

Back to 1650, I won my first 13 odd games in a row, then lost about the same, on a winning streak again finally, seems I play an ok carry now which I think is getting me wins.

Now just have to decide what I want to spend my last $100.00 on my bday for :s

12. Vassili

Vassili Member

Lol, you actually bought the announcer pack :lol:

13. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

Wouldn't have ever used my own money but the extra bday money I got after I'd already paid for my tattoo just seemed too opportune not to waste. I'm now a badass in game...gotta be careful!

14. c0rr

c0rr Member

anyone else (Im on iinet in Brisbane) been getting really horrible pings during peak hour (6pm - 11pm EST week nights)?

15. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

Pretty slow reply from me but I notice bad pings in peak hours, I think it's just S2 and their server load to be honest, not so much on your end. Still playing this one the two nights a week I get to game (if I am lucky) and I have to admit S2 seems to be patching for patches sake now. Every time I load the game I will be lucky if there hasn't been a patch. Tremble hasn't been addressed (and yes he is OP anyone in the 1700+ range just destroys with him EVERY game). Nomad looks to be OP although I will wait and see when I get on tonight. Engineer got mines purely because they had to stop bitching from people that wanted techies but it's just gone and made him / her stupidly OP again...... zzzz less patching and more balancing would be ideal. Chronos and is still irrelevant and Zephyr rarely makes an impact in games anymore. But eh.

If anyone in the high 1600's+ is on tonight I'll be playing with a mate, message or add gRnt ingame and we will get something going, I think I'm still low 1600's after a rancid loss streak last week but my team mate is still 1700's so we're aiming to get me back up there tonight.

16. Infest

Infest Member

Just downloaded this as I played in the bet and loved it. Anyone up for some games :)!?

17. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

So I got to sit down and play about 6 games last night, what the hell are S2 doing? I don't get to play regularly but for the most part I get to keep up with hero changes and patches. It seems odd to me that S2 are content to keep bringing in new heroes but not actually balance them! Unless they decide to do a massive patch and balance across the board which they have done before some heroes need major addressing.

Tremble and Nomad are as OP as hell, at least in the hands on a non retarded 1650+ player they decimate early game which as a result makes them viable late game, unlike dampeer who's meant to dominate early game but rarely does and is useless as hell late game. I've not yet lost a game with a flux on my team and silhouette is once again good in the hands of a decent player.

I'm playing more games with 3+ carries of late just because of the pool that's out there now, makes being a support like myself such a pig, finding in AP I pick Myrmidon more than anything because hes the most OP support and I need it to keep up with stupidly OP teams. Anyone else think this?

18. Vassili

Vassili Member

The game is retarded at the moment, Im not even bothering to play :lol:

19. hvalac

hvalac Member

tremble does deal a bit of dmg, but u can counter his farm early game and screw him late game, nomad on the other hand does a fair amount of dmg early game and it pretty scary late game. Flux might get nerfed slightly, and silhouette is a beast but yes only if the player knows how to use her right
    which really isn't that hard

20. Randy_Chuggs

How is everyone playing the new hero Flux? I personally think he's played best as a Roamer.