1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Heroes of the Storm

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Herbo, Nov 17, 2013.

1. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

It would stand to reason that this type of game at least work on a warning system... But no, to Blizzard it's guilty even if innocent.

2. japes

japes Member

I appealed first thing this morning as well, but please keep me updated on how yours progresses.

I had this conversation with a CSR via the Livechat feature, since you can't call Blizzard anymore (and their Call Back system failed for me).

Now we just have to wait :(

3. Bass

Bass Member

Just wondering if they've stuffed up on such a scale if they'll even admit to it, or just save face value and let the bans stick.

4. japes

japes Member

It's not too bad. I'm the only person in my circle of friends that has suffered from it. Nobody responded on whirlpool regarding it either.

5. Bass

Bass Member

Guess it just seems more prevalent to me cuz I only have a sample size of 2 in my immediate cohort, and we both got banned. Well here's hoping.

6. japes

japes Member

Dustin Browder, game director for HotS, has tweeted that there's an investigation underway because of the high number of appeals.

https://twitter.com/DustinBrowder/status/619183040401571840

This could really bite them as it destroys confidence when buying items in F2P game when your account can just disappear without wrongdoing.

7. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Yep, my wife and I have dropped a total of $120 into the game buying the two packs... Luckily neither of us were banned, but I'm not reconsidering putting any more actual money into this game if my account were to just disappear without warning.

8. Bass

Bass Member

Well that's good. Out of interest Japes.. 64bit Xonar driver?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  9. japes

japes Member

Yeah I saw the thread late yesterday regarding Xonar drivers. I'm running the Unified drivers on x64 OS with the 32bit client.

Got unbanned at 8am this morning :thumbup:

10. Urauc

Urauc Member

Good to see some of these false positives being dealt with "reasonably" quickly.

11. Bass

Bass Member

Yeah, it was annoying to be banned by Blizzard but mistakes happen.. the community backlash was pretty disgusting tho imo. Dunno why I was surprised haha, sometimes I expect too much of people. Kudos to Blizzard for admitting it and apologising.

12. japes

japes Member

The issue was Xonar drives with a 32 bit client. That would affect a lot of people - enough to warrant public acknowledgement by Blizzard which hasn't happened.

I don't think a 7 day stimpack cuts it as recompense but at least I've got my priceless account back.

13. japes

japes Member

So glad to be back, had some excellent games after being unbanned for the last couple of days. If my internet wasn't absolute fucking garbage I would love to stream and create content for this community.

14. peg

peg Member

Finding this boring after a week, Blizzard are not what they used to be, the Blizzard that created WC3 and vanilla WOW is dead now. The new Blizzard cares more about getting your money than anything else, including game design.

Probably a good thing, as their games used to be utterly addictive which is pretty much never good for real life. :lol:

This will be the last Blizzard game I buy for sometime.

15. OP
    OP
    Herbo

Herbo Member

What's boring about it?

16. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

It looks like most consensus is that Heroes may be fun to play, but not a very good stream/observer type game as much as others, and I personally agree.

17. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

I've had to tear myself away from it just to play some other things. Finally finished by first play through of The Evil Within finally on the weekend as a result of taking a break from HoTS. HoTS is just too damn addictive for me!

18. OP
    OP
    Herbo

Herbo Member

Yeah it's pretty much the only thing I play now days.

Not quite sure why it would be bad to watch considering you don't have the deathly boring lanning phase like you do in other "mobas" and there's far more pvp.

19. japes

japes Member

I saw a similar post the other day.

This isn't the type of game that's meant to provide constant content to keep the player-base interested. We've got a new hero being released every three weeks, currently two weeks into a Diablo event that put a new map into the rotation.

The drive for this game (and other MOBAs) is desire to improve and make quality plays, or to play with friends - if you're finding the title boring it's the genre, not the developer.

Can definitely agree with that to an extent. It's a good sign that I'd rather be playing the game than watching it, too.

20. japes

japes Member

The MMR struggle near Master is real.

Won 5 games in a row for 0, 1, 2, 4, 3 MMR gain. My last loss cost me 20 points.

Maybe I need to pay nil attention to HotsLogs 'rankings' :lol: