Hisense source selection keeps popping up

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Skydome, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Skydome

Skydome Member

Just last night the source section screen on the tv keeps popping up and disappearing.

I didn't think much of it other than it been a sticky button but i was turning the tv off when i first noticed it so i figured i'd sort it today.

I pushed the source button on the remote and it didn't feel stuck but the source window kept coming up. I decided to take the batteries out of the remote in case somehow the wiring for the source button is loose and keeps triggering when i dont push it but that didn't help.

It is a much older telly with the model of HL81V68P which IIRC came out around 2007-2009-ish.

Question is, is this a fixable problem or is the tv finally entering its final life stages?

If I have to get a new one what is the general consensus on the kogan branded tvs? I don't want one of those smart tvs, just a modern dumb tv.

I'd probably go LED or OLED if I could find a reasonable priced one. I'd look at spending around 500 dollars on it but i don't need a mega fancy tv, long as it's larger than 32 inch and is either full HD or 4k with 2 or more HDMI connections and a connection for the VAST set top box and i'm all good.

2. guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

Can you factory reset it? Or upgrade the firmware as a moon shot.

You can buy replacement main boards online if it's worth it. Or donor parts from someone's broken tv, might be a while to wait for that specific model to come up.

LCD TV's are stupid cheap these days. There's plenty in th $500 range within the specs you want.

3. OP
    OP
    Skydome

Skydome Member

I'll certainly give factory resetting ago.

I've got the tv running now and it doesn't appear to be doing it now :confused:

When/If it does it again i'll factory reset it.

4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Did you change anything that may have caused it to stop?

5. OP
    OP
    Skydome

Skydome Member

Not that I can tell, did what I would normally do and it just automatically stopped.