Hitman (2016)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Linkin, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Linkin

Linkin Member

I didn't buy or download absolution after playing the demo/preview it was clear that it wasn't as good as blood money on a gameplay level. I hope that this new title is a lot more like blood money was.

I'd like to see classic tactics such as disguises actually working and none of this "instinct" bollocks. Minimap is OK I suppose, but how will it work on higher difficulties? What about the actual map screen in the video?

Discuss...

2. JPHarvey

JPHarvey Member

Love the Hitman Series!

With Absolution when you crank the difficulty up it turns off the unrealistic bits. Was actually pretty challenging, and yes the old-school disguises and timing play style works. As such, looking forward to this (in December?).

But hey why does anyone actually play games on anything but the highest difficulty? I just dont get it.

3. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

New 15 minutes of footage.

4. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

Love how the camera man/reporter didn't even flinch when 47 walked right in front of the camera while they were running a story...

5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

6. recoN

recoN Member

"On top of that, we’re going for a new release model where we put out a good chunk of the game when it begins and then release the remaining locations over time."

Why can't we just buy a simple full game anymore :(

7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

8. Foliage

Foliage Member

9. Azer1234

Azer1234 Member

didnt stop me pre ordering the game just then, but ffs i was lookin forward to a full release but no we get 2 missions on release and then drip fed the rest of the missions throughout the year. Why not just delay it 6 months?

maybe just being picky but the experience would be much better playing through all missions and then returning to do them better and better instead of have 2 missions to play over and over and then do the same when the next one releases.

10. Foliage

Foliage Member

They did delay it for 6 months in the end. Release date is march now.

11. Foliage

Foliage Member

12. Philll

Philll (Taking a Break)

Preload on Beta is up. If you have it on Steam, it's there, but separate to the main game itself in your list

13. Azer1234

Azer1234 Member

anyone able to get SLI running on the beta? or is it not going to work till full release (hopefully)

14. Foliage

Foliage Member

What are peoples thoughts on the beta?

15. Azer1234

Azer1234 Member

a bit dissapointed tbh. I managed to find an SLI hack but the optimisation of the game is appalling (currently).

Running a 4970 @ 4.7 and 2x gtx 780s. with the game on max settings it putts along at 20 - 30 frames and gets even worse in crowds etc. Put the game on medium and the fames are normal with the usual drops here and there, but who wants to play on medium if youve supposedly got a decent rig!?

I dunno, I was such a big fan of blood money and when i saw that this game has tried to go back to its roots rather than what absolution was I was so keen but at the moment I just cant get into it. Maybe Im just older with less time for games but yeah a bit dissapointed. Heres hoping for more optimisation on release. And yes I know the game is suited to AMD, the fact that this type of thing (from both sides) is going on with major titles is pretty crap.

I would strongly recommend the Intro pack so that you can get a feel for it before spending $80 or whatever on something that isnt really AAA quality.

16. Foliage

Foliage Member

Ignoring graphics/optimisation how is the game play? That is really all I care about with this game.

17. bart5986

bart5986 Member

The beta doesn't really give you a good idea of what the game is like.

I played the alpha which includes the first real level of the game and its amazing. Its a true sequel for blood money.

18. Foliage

Foliage Member

cdkeys.com has this for $57 aud

anyone else found a better price?

19. G2A_CeleronGuy

G2A_CeleronGuy Member

20. vipersnews

vipersnews Member

It's out, I would seriously recommend just buying the first installment.....

I so desperately wanted this to be awesome, but it just felt like more of the same with a lot less attention to detail.... :(

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016