Holiday Contest from Micron!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Agg, Dec 23, 2015.

1. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

Reading endless debates on BP Ultimate vs. Shell V-Power and surfing OCAU motoring forums now that i've joined the "Need RON98" club :)

And if "JET A1" is reading, thanks for the fun on the freeway this afternoon :)
    I'm sure many people were not impressed. But man that car of yours sure sounds horney and looks nice :thumbup:

2. johnd16

johnd16 Member

If all goes to plan, by winning the 16GB DDR4 RAM kit I'll be able to play "Ultimate Skyrim" over the break.

3. vellanet

vellanet Member

4. Director

Director Member

Will be teaching my son how to put together his first proper PC. That's about as geeky as it's going to get this year. :)

(Oh, we might go and watch Star Wars as well.)

5. congoh

congoh Member

Computer related:

Just did a fresh install of Win and Steam library sharing is enabled on 3 machines + bought and installed miracast device so I can stream games from pc to my TV in living room.

I'll be overrun by children (none of them are mine) whose sole reason for existence is to destroy my property, especially shiny, expensive stuff.

Thanks to Mr. Blue, I've been beefing up my Steam lib so I'm hoping I'll be able to distract them long enough to survive this natural disaster that is about to hit me.

Non-computer related:

I need to replace starter capacitor in my split air-con. It chose the most inopportune time to break down with mini heatwave we've been experiencing in Melb latately.

I'll also be attempting to repair/replace TV antenna which isn't working as my STB can only pickup 1 FTA channel. I threw out my rabbit ear antenna which had been gathering dust just occupying space. As soon as I threw it out Mr. Murphy decided to pay me a visit. :lol:

I'll trying to stream Presto on my TV using miracast device mentioned earlier if I can't repair the antenna.

I need some cheering up.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  6. djstarburst

djstarburst Member

Went out for a ride picked a nice spot to take a photo.

[​IMG]

7. Mr Alien

Mr Alien Member

Painting some Star Trek models ... like a true Geek! :D

8. Everlong

Everlong Member

3 days off, 3 days of Lord of the Rings extended blu rays :)

9. kogi

kogi Member

Gonna open more and eat more of these suckers

[​IMG]

10. Micah.

Micah. Member

PICK ME PLEASE

Well I will probably be going Fishing already gone out twice in the last week. I will also be setting up my Sound System if I find the time.

11. adz

adz Member

Recapping old PSU's, rebuilding my Amiga 500 and 600HD and Fallout 4, lot's of Fallout 4 :thumbup:

12. ZXR

ZXR Member

My geeky thing that I want for christmas is...

a Metallica LE pinball machine. :)

Don't care if I with this if I actually manage to get the above pin! That said, there's a very very very good chance I won't be getting that (or any other pinball machine) so a nice SSD would cheer me up no end. :thumbup:

-ZXR

13. mkusanagi

mkusanagi Member

After months of waiting on original replacement parts, now I have some down time over the next few days i'll be restoring my 1977 SOL Terminal Computer!

2Mhz 8080 computing!

[​IMG]

*edit* update! Success! an 8-bit latching IC was to blame!
    Here's what was wrong

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  14. addictivechaos

addictivechaos Member

Playing co-op board games like flashpoint, legend of andor, zombicide and pandemic and trying to get kids and grandparents to play too!

15. andyroo54

andyroo54 Member

I'm desperately waiting for my new 3D printer to arrive (Taz 3 lulzbot). I was hoping it would be here before xmas, but it made it all the way from america, and got to the next town over (wagga) but now won't be delivered until next week. It flew thousands of kilometers to get to me and it's stuck in a post office an hour away...

The first thing I'm making is an automated dog gate, so the dog can't sneak up to the lounge room (and do it's business on the carpet). We had a gate but people kept leaving it open. So I'm going to automate it with an arduino and some sensors and either a stepper motor or just a servo. I think I'll use this 10kg servo I've got because then I don't have to worry about setting home positions etc with the stepper.

So now that I can't do that until next week I decided to buy Just cause 3.. but I had to desperately delete old games to make it fit. Also I have another 500 words to write before midnight to finish this assignment due on CHRISTMAS EVE. Also my office chair broke. That's whats up.

16. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

That is soooo wrong that I find that interesting and exciting, like a closet stored perversion that forcibly pushed its head out....stay back stay back......

17. PRiME2007

PRiME2007 Member

3d printing and playing

This holiday the most geeky thing I will be getting up to is trying to find cool stuff to 3D Print, atm I'm printing a plant pot for mum. (it's going to take 8 hours, probably would have been easier to just buy one, LOL)

I also will likely just be playing warthunder grinding for those tier4/5 brit tanks :tongue:

18. mitt

mitt Member

I will be messing about with the 3d printer that just got here.

19. slavewone

slavewone Member

My wife gave me a daughter for Christmas, pretty cool, don't have one of those yet. She fits very neatly between me elbow and wrist so I can babysit and indulge in ZHA Ultima Online.

Also, purchased a split system ac because my wife is hot, then found out how much they cost to install. Don't tell anyone, but i'll be giving it a go myself, how hard can it be? Will be getting a pro in for the wiring and copper piping.

20. issa2006

issa2006 Member

wow iv not placed with a 8080, only the 8060 or is that 20860?? iv forgoten xt lazer 2mhz turbo to 4mhz it was the big of the 60 series...8060 286 386.

wan dos, then msdos v2.0, 3 3.1 etc to dos 7 windows, windows 2, windows 3 3.11 workgroups etc...

i remember the colour tandy 80 plus tape drive....c64, sinclear..

wow im getting old