Home made easy oven meals

Discussion in 'Geek Recipes' started by Madengineer, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Hey peeps!

So I've been messing around with possible foods lately, mostly out of boredom.

Tonights no different!

[​IMG]

What we have here is:
    2 lamb leg chops
    1 diced medium onion
    1 medium carrot
    1 tomato (sliced thinly to cover the chips)
    Garlic powder (garlic paste/granules works much better but ran out)
    Salt and Pepper (only a pinch)

With about 3 tablespoons of olive oil.

Chuck in the oven for about 40 minutes at 200 degrees (may differ and all done)

I tried it similarly last night with basil as well, but found the basil I had overpowered it too much, the way I cooked it resulted in more of a stew (wrapped in foil) and while it tasted alright, wasn't pleasurable.

Tomorrow night going to try something with chicken I think! But me and chicken don't get along well so we'll see!

And it was awful :D

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  2. broccoli

broccoli Member

So. Thanks for sharing? :D

3. CeeAyeEee

CeeAyeEee Member

do you have a meat thermometer? because your recipe would be fine on a bbq or under the grill. maybe the oven was too much for the meat - a thermometer will help you tell you the exact moment it is cooked.

4. Recharge

Recharge Member

chicken breast, teaspoon of marg, good squirt of lemon juice and half a teaspoon of crushed garlic, wrapped in foil and cooked at ~170 for 50 mins. (longer if you want the lemon juice to glaze onto the breast)
    and some steamed/nuked veggies on the side
    delicious.

5. blankpaper

blankpaper Member

chicken:
    put chicken drumsticks in a big bowl, pepper, salt, whatever spices you have in you cupboard. toss them about
    cut carrot into finger-thick sticks, in a bowl and toss with olive oil and dried spices
    buy the skinny sweet potato, usually purple skin ones. cut the ends off.

FF oven 200deg, big baking tray. chuck in the sweet potato and carrot, in the oven. T+15min, turn them. T+20min brown your drumsticks in a frying pan (or don't have to). T+25min put chicken in the same tray as the veg. If they're massive add them at T+20min instead. T+40min, turn everything over, move them about a bit and add broccoli/cauliflower/whatever. T+50min should be about done now.

fish:
    whole fish, about 400-500g gutted, lay down some foil. put a layer of sliced lemon underneath, drizzle olive oil over the top and a bit more lemon, stuff some fresh herbs (thyme is my goto) inside the stomach cavity. wrap it tight, in a pre-heated oven at 180deg for 20min. I do this for trout and barramundi. 'asian' style barramundi, layer of ginger slices/spring onion underneath the fish, stuff it with spring onion and sliced chili. Once it's done, open it up, shove some fresh coriander inside it and a squeeze of lime over the top and wrap it again for a few minutes then you're good.