Homework Policy - read before you post homework questions

Discussion in 'Programming & Software Development' started by mpot, Apr 2, 2003.

1. mpot

mpot Member

Requests for general assistance with homework are not permitted, and will be locked or deleted.

Discussion of specific implementation issues or ideas relating to homework are allowed, providing you've demonstrated that you've put in reasonable effort yourself.

Remember....your teacher assigned the homework to you to do, and not to OCAU. You'll learn a lot more if you try doing it yourself first.

Cheers,
    Martin.

2. goatman

goatman Member

if something is not working etc or we don't know hot to go about a certain task can we as how/why?

3. KingZ0R

KingZ0R Member

yeah that really is one of the more stupider rules i have seen

4. Nasher

Nasher Member

I reckon it's a great rule, it encourages people to think for themselves. Would you care to explain why you think it's stupid?

5. Name

Name Member

coz KingZ0R cant think for himself

6. willy

willy Member

roflmao if you can be bothered to do it yourself why bother going to School, tafe, UNI ?????

Personally i see a fair bit of this, it really pisses me off. It only means that if you happen to get a programming job, you will mostly likely not have a clue what to do, and only waste peoples time. I have also seen this happen :mad:

7. thetron

thetron Member

Graphical Work

This also applys to people asking for free image work.

If got nothing to do with OCAU or Associated services such as: UGBOX, Motorcycle club, Folding etc and charity organisation. Anyone else outside this boundry as a third party, club and business shouldn't be asking or expect a free service (Scabbing) without fairly compensation for the artist's work and time.

Pro or freelance Graphics Artist sometimes charge between $80-120 by an hourly rate. If it's beyond a simple task and something that takes a longer then your should be entitled for some compensation for your time

8. johnsmith456

johnsmith456 Member

hes not the one following the 'authority' like a sheep, like the rest of u all did with the 'its a good idea'

9. [SGT]Sniper

[SGT]Sniper Member

it also depends on the nature of the person. There are two types of ppl. There are the ones that are prepared to put in the work, then they will get a decent job out of it. Or there are the ones who lie to themselves and betray themselves and others around them by copying what others have done and get by that way, but they will be found out, and they'll be back at square one.

Do it your self, only get help if you really need it, but dont be asshamed to do so. Your only ignorant if you dont ask.

10. GiGoMaN

GiGoMaN Member

and if you want people to do the work or people to help you get the work done or to a higher standard!

11. Ma Baker

Ma Baker Retired

If you think a post has been closed wrongly just report it giving your reason and we'll take another look at the decision made. I've re-opened the thread.

12. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

I've just started a programming class/unit at uni. For homework questions i may ask a few over time, but i think it's more about what you're asking rather than an outright yes or no.

The lecturer/tutor may have not explained something really well or glossed over upon something that may be easy or simple to someone but confusing as fuck for others.

Like in programming, the order of things and all the different signs and how they all fit together can be torture at times.

I'm doing C and will probable ask something along the lines of

" this is my error, can anyone give me a clearer heads up as to what went wrong ? "

or

"I'm supposed to do this, 'this' is what i've got so far, need a little push in the right direction"

or

" how the !@#$ does this string/function or Flippin' thing work, tearing my hear out here guys, i'll be bald by tomorrow, any chance of a hand ? "

The above examples are okay yeah ?