1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Horizon II Forbidden West PS4/5 - thread has spoilers now, you have been warned.

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by power, Jun 12, 2020.

1. boneburner

boneburner Member

oof - that opening cinematic - did they somehow manage to fuck up her face? I get Aloy is supposed to be a tiny bit older, but i guess that is when your underbite grows in...

2. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

As someone who never bothered to do a NG+ I can totally identify with this. This was a game that I completely exhausted the content in (almost platinum but missed a collectible in a gated story area and some challenge arenas).

Footage starts at 9:10 - no gameplay just a look at the open world. Some dude starts talking at like 5:09 lol - then you get the gameplay/cinematic stuff. Would have been nice to see this in 4K though, pretty low quality (audio is glitchy in spots too which is annoying) but gives you a decent idea of what to expect.

yeah bit off-putting isn't it?

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  3. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

power likes this.
  4. Trizae

Trizae Member

What collectible was this? IRC there aren’t any missable or gated collectibles that you can’t get to when you’re nearing the end of the game , I ended up getting the platinum wasn’t feeling the slow start to it at first but ended up enjoying it a lot as I got new abilities etc

Forbidden west looks nice but hope there is more variety than go to camp fight humans liberate etc this time around

5. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

i'd have to load up my save file, but yes there are gated arenas you can miss collectibles in.

6. Trizae

Trizae Member

If you can be bothered to load it up give it a whirl, just saying from experience there were a few that I thought were gated but if you've neared the end you can access the said areas again to get the necessary collectibles for the platinum thats what I ended up doing from memory

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5810-horizon-zero-dawn-trophy-guide if you have a look here there are none that are missable or gated

7. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

damn you, now i'm gonna go back and try and get that platinum!

Trizae likes this.
  8. Trizae

Trizae Member

hahahaha yesssss! I was hoping you would to cure my ocd for you hahaha whats your PSN and what are you currently playing?

9. munka

munka Member

If you are talking about the power cells I redid all the difficult reruns only to then find out the one I was missing was in one of the early game Nora temples. Recheck the low hanging fruit first :)

10. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

nah it wasn't in a temple it's in an area i can't return to - will need to check that link above.

Mass Effect 2 on PC :D On PS4, um Kingdom Hearts.

i don't really do psn much at all.

Trizae likes this.
  11. ndt

ndt Member

I wonder why they're bothering to release this on PS4? This is literally the only game I've seen so far that would make me want to move from my PS4 pro to the PS5 if it was exclusive to the PS5, but seeing as its not I'll probably just pick it up for PS4.

12. Trizae

Trizae Member

115 million units sold vs 7.8million ps5’s and silicon and manufacturing shortage into 2022/3 as a business I know if it’s viable I know where I would be putting my product in the most hands.

elvis likes this.
  13. munka

munka Member

I revisited it all, and you can definitely get to each location again. Even the one way up the top!

14. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

Delayed to 2022, something something mumble mumble.

Trizae likes this.
  15. Trizae

Trizae Member

of course it was I heard internally as well same goes for GOW they have a new unique slate this year with games that they have brewing one of them is the factions naughty dog project

its actually kinda good because sony and jim ryan have been whiling in the later years of the ps4/5 gen Xbox will have a very strong year if they don't mess this up

16. Trizae

Trizae Member

upload_2021-8-26_12-13-9.jpeg

And Forbidden West delayed to Feb 18th 2022

17. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Day after I platinum the base game. Least I can enjoy frozen wilds in 60fps.

Trizae likes this.
  18. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

Frozen Wilds is pretty cool, also in sad news Forbidden West officially delayed to Feb 22.

19. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

I'm okay. I'm still plodding through PS4 games I missed so it can wait. Haven't played an actual PS5 game yet except for Astro's Playroom.

20. MrBS

MrBS Member

Just stormed through Zero Dawn New Game+ on Ultra Hard, sooooo easy when you have a fully decked character from a platinum run and just do the main quest avoiding everything else.

Still going to need solid ten minute recap vid to watch right before playing the sequel.