Horizon: Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by NanoDuke, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Poondizzler

Poondizzler Member

Bunch of screens I took, not all, just a select few. Didnt really capture many with machines due to not wanting to spoil what they look like to friends.

http://imgur.com/a/6mGYC

2. Bertross

Bertross Member

Really nice! :thumbup:

3. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I'm finding the story of this game extremely engaging and exciting so far. I just can't wait till i get home and can play. The wife likes watching it and enjoys it too, so hopefully that translates to her looking after bubs so i can play more lol :lol:

4. OP
    OP
    NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

Grrr. Having frustrations over my third corruption zone. Has one fire Bellowback and four Chargers. I'm level 19. I've tried several tactics, but I always seem to be 1HKOd by a bucking charger.
    Best approach so far has been using a Tear arrow on the Chargers. They seem to back off when I blow off their horns. And a combo of using ropecaster to tie all the enemies up.

Do I need to come back when levelled up, or am I missing a really simple approach?

5. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I've read to always be over-levelled for areas, since we've all realised its a bastard of a game sometimes lol

6. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

Just finished lvl 25 side quest @ lvl 20 it was pretty hard but certainly not impossible.

7. OP
    OP
    NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

Yeah I since looked up the battle on Youtube and saw one guy pretty much whistled in all Chargers and stealth killed them without the Bellowback noticing.
    And used electric trip wire to down it.
    I'll have to try the tripwire again.
    Last time I used it it didn't stun the bellowback. Maybe I need to look into more powerful mods.

8. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

trying to get the ultraweave armor.

9. iMomOx3

iMomOx3 Member

Is that the Ancient armory quest where you have to find the power cells? I've just discovered this quest and was keen to know where all the power cells are so I googled it. Then realized I'll probably just not rush it since it goes to the other half of the map I've not yet discovered through the main quest.

10. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

You wont be able to get the final piece until the 3rd last main mission, so no reason to rush.

11. iMomOx3

iMomOx3 Member

Good to know then - no need to rush it hahah. I'm the type to complete EVERY side quests before going into the main but I guess I can't have that kind of mentality in this game. I should really find some sort of balance between main and sides so I don't lose interest in the game (not that I'm close to).

Have just entered Messina and on the venture holy shit those machines are big. I know it's a game so progression has to start weak > strong, but how the hell do the Carja survive compared to the Noras. We got sawtooths to worry about, those guys have thunderjaws and shit.

12. jpw007

jpw007 Member

13. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I also recorded one mission. Cut it off right at the end before any cutscenes etc so no spoilers

14. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

it's marked at level 25 for the ancient armoury side quest.

15. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

As long as you pay attention, you can't really miss the power cells. The only real sorta off the beaten path one is the one at Gprime location. The other you MIGHT miss is above the conference room table atop a tower. The rest are easy to find. If you miss the one in Mothers Embrace, don't worry, you're coming back here anyway, so don't freak out.

Don't go out of your way to try get them early, they're all tied in with story missions.

16. OP
    OP
    NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

17. Rockman.EXE

Rockman.EXE Member

Yeah she's done a whole host of roles, over the years.

Though the only thing that ever comes to mind, when I hear here name:

:D

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  18. OP
    OP
    NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

So I finally tackled this one today. Used stealth to lure the chargers down hill and ambushed them. Then figured out how to blow the sac on the bellow. Didn't realise that I needed to throw a few penetration arrows into it for it to blow.

Also a tip for anyone attempting a cauldron: manually save at a fire pit before going in. Apparently it's a one way trip once in and if the boss is too hard you could get stuck

19. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I've been running around with the lady war-chief sona (???)

20. OP
    OP
    NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

(UPDATED) My only niggles so far:

* Having to select into each storage upgrade craft to see if I have enough resources to do it Should be highlighted red or green from the top screen.

* Initial loading time is quite lengthy and respawn loading time isn't quick either. (Kinda negated by leaving the console in rest mode :thumbup:)

* Sneaking under water - The game doesn't tell you that you can hit Square to duck under water, presumably to sneak past enemies... But I can't think of a use for it yet. There's only so many places you can swim, and even less of those where you will want to hide. Can anyone give any insight to this?

* Cheaper ammo crafting skill should come earlier in the tree. I'm yet to unlock it after defeating my second Deathbringer, but now I have too many resources to craft ammo. I can't craft enough :p

* Weapon tutorial quests should be a shadow quest. Not something I have to actively select :thumbdn: also I'm finding it quite hard to kill three enemies at once with a blast bomb, so I'm shelving that tute for when I can add in a massive damage modifier.

* Overridden machines should follow you, not just stand around gingerly waiting for something to happen.

* Another thing that wasn't explained to me ingame was the fact you can fire arrows from your mount. I'm yet to give this a go, but I hear it's good for fighting Thunderjaws when you have the side hearts exposed. You can flank into position faster.