Horizon: Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by NanoDuke, Mar 1, 2017.

1. jpw007

jpw007 Member

You're completely vulnerable when swimming. You don't do it much but boy did it save me recently when a Snapmaw came after when I jumped off a cliff in some unknown territory lol

That one in particular i just did when i was fighting shadow carja / people, since the idiots all tend to hang around one another especially when alerted :thumbup:

2. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus Member

Finally finished it last night and loved every minute of it. Kind of wish I could un-play it so I could do it all again. Clearly setup for a sequel and since it's doing so well I'd expect one in a few years.

3. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Same, finished it just Saturday night. I ended up skipping a few sidequests as I just couldn't stop with the story. It was amazing. Only about 5 or 6 sidequests to go till i've done every single one I've come across.

4. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I got this game about a week ago, wasn't sure if i'd like it so I got it from EB Games and I was pleasantly surprised. I heard someone liken this game to Shadow of Mordor, I played that game and didn't like it so i was expecting bad things from this but no, it's actually really fun. I didn't get too far into the game. Last thing that happened was I made it to Meridian and can't wait to play some more.

Took it back though as Persona 5 comes out next week and i'm ultra hyped for that so by the time i'm ready for Horizon it should be really cheap. I really like Aloy, she's awesome!

5. deeman111

deeman111 Member

For the last few years i could play an hour or so of PS4 before getting bored and doing something else. I bought this game at the start of my leave and immediately was putting 4+ hours in a night and whatever i could during the days.

The story is great, scenery amazing and the combat, whilst easy even when et to hard setting, is good fun.

I finished the story a week ago and am still running around finishing all the side storys and hunting grounds.

Admittedly the shield weaver armour does make things a lot easier.

Im at 86.81% completed according to the game, only 1 hunting ground left to go and a few side missions i think

6. MrBS

MrBS Member

Game over. Platinum got with 99.44% completion. I'm not bothering with getting the rest of the notes in the world :p

Outstanding game, just a joy from beginning to end.

My major niggle with the game would be the those side quests where you have follow tracks, while not as bad as Assassin's Creed tail missions but up there.

7. jpw007

jpw007 Member

There's a few of them eh :Paranoid:

But at least they boast early on how Rost taught her how to track well, so they warned us early :lol:

8. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus Member

Just FYI, the notes/data points don't count to the completion %. You do have to buy all the shadow outfits and weapons though. You're probably just missing one of those.

9. stenchlord

stenchlord Member

Just a heads up for some of you. If you platinum the game you'll eventually receive an email with a code for a Horizon premium theme for platinuming the game.

I've read reports that it's meant to be US only but a couple people I know have received it with their AU accounts. I have a US account registered on my Playstation but it came through email for my AU account.

Good luck :)

Album: http://imgur.com/a/pZKyP

[​IMG]

10. MrBS

MrBS Member

I'm on a US account and never get these emails! edit: just checked my notifications and I'm subscribed, send me free stuff Sorny!

11. The Beast

The Beast Member

Must. Have.

What a great idea.

12. OP
    OP
    NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

I'm almost finished with this title. It's been a good journey. Feel proud of myself to tackle it on Hard difficulty. Even today at lvl50, trying to clear out a corruption zone with a pair of rockcrushers was quite challenging. I think I'm about 85% completion. Have all the map collectibles (flowers, vantage, Banuk, etc), and my two main quests have finally merged into the one at Meridian.

So looking forward, what should I play next? Beyond two souls and Heavy Rain are two I have barely touched, but is there something recent or just over the horizon (pun unintended) I should be looking at?

13. jpw007

jpw007 Member

After this game, i must admit my PS4 playing as died for a while. Started playing Zelda, but tbh i feel Horizon is so much better and it looks amazing to boot (Zelda art style is fantastic though). I'm just going to move on to my back catalogue next

14. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Am I the only person that never uses a mount in this game? I find it just faster to sprint so I can collect resources/medicinal plants as I go. For when I want to cover long distances there's such travel.

15. MrBS

MrBS Member

I only used mounts towards the very end of the game when I was level 50 and realised I had a ridiculous surplus of money and could just buy my materials rather than pick them up. It made the last few hours of traversing the game really quick ;)

If I was playing the game again I'd make use of my money a lot earlier after picking up all the purple gear.

16. OP
    OP
    NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

I'm using mounts now too in my late 30's and 40's, although I'm lvl 50 now. It was one of the last top tier skill unlocks for me.
    Not so much for running around, because I've come across enough campfires to get within running distance of where I need to go. But I use them as cannon fodder during a battle. You can whistle a mount in at any time, and sometimes it's the difference between life and death.
    Even in bandit camps you can summon a mount deep inside to come stampeding in.

17. prophey

prophey Member

I love this game! It's "open" enough to keep me interested but not so vague that the game gets lost (aka Skyrim). Only L34... didn't hit Meridian until L25 or so... in hindsight I should have tried to get there earlier to get the unlimited travel pack and just warp my way around. So much quicker.

I'm not so anal that I'm chasing every data point but am chasing all the other major collection items like metal flowers, ancient vessels and banuk's. oh and vantage points, long necks, etc

18. power

power Member

Bit late to the party, started playing on the long weekend and loving it so far. Bloody mrs bought a copy and sat it on the shelf with all my other PS4 games, I didn't notice it was there - FML. The crazy part? She pre-ordered it and I've had it from launch day, my house had a really cool easter egg in it - at easter time and I didn't even notice it was there. :( I gotta say though, it appears to push my OG PS4 hard, those fans really spin up at times.

19. OP
    OP
    NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

Gah! Last week when I ceased my last session, I just quicksaved and shut down the console. When I came back after a weekend away, a friend had fired up his save, losing my quicksave :( Lost a couple of hours worth.

Had to dial back to easiest difficulty to power through to where I was at.
    Turns out I was very close to the end of the game. Managed to Platinum it in a couple more hours :thumbup:

20. neoprint

neoprint Member

That's why you have separate Playstation profiles ;)