Horizons Media

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by KriiV, Apr 24, 2012.

1. KriiV

KriiV Member

Me and a mate have a little group going called Horizons Media. We just do a bit of photography (amateur) and Downhill MTB edits.

Just a couple of our works:
    Images have been scaled down, actual sizes come from 14MP DSLRs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let us know what you think. :)

2. sconosciuto

sconosciuto Member

Some good stuff there.

#1 the lens flare works, but pity that there's not much happening south of the picture in terms of cloud activity. Would have been nicer to have some action to add more interesting details IMO.

#2 the trees are being lost towards the bottom left, got good composition and i like the lines but you've crushed the blacks a bit too far.

#3 The whites are being blown out in the clouds a bit too much. I would also crop the top left sky, it's a distracting element.

#4 Nice.

#5 Pushed the contrast a bit too much again, can't see the detail on the sides.

#6 Too much empty space at the top and bottom of the frame, not much going there and the composition feels lackluster.

#7 Underexposed. Was it natural light?

Keep at it :thumbup:

Yours truly,
    Magikarp

3. disci

disci Member

Thanks for sharing KriiV.

I like the drama in number 1 from the blast of sun and the rays. In number 5, I'd like to see a bit more detail (increase brightness) in that dark band in the third 25% of the image.
    I really like number 6, and in the final one, I'd like to see the option of one or more of: increased exposure, added fill light in post processing, or good old fill-flash.

Regards

Des