1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hot Attic Quick Cable Running

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by pinkfloydeffect, Jan 27, 2018.

1. pinkfloydeffect

pinkfloydeffect Member

In the world of residential TV & ISP installation jobs I was wondering if this is an ideal way of running data cable in a hot attic without zip ties or fasciners? The installation guys had it running on the floor across the beams where service people walk, up over ventilation ducting and just no method to the cable run. I was trying to get it out of the way of where the HVAC people work and where I move throughout the attic. There are no pinch points or hard corners in the beam weave and they are now out of the way to the outside wall less likely where people will be. I also wanted them up off the floor so that people are aware they are there.

I am about to start doing a lot more cable runs in my job, and during a hot summer you want to be in and out of an attic as fast as possible so I was just wondering if this was an ideal way of going about it without stopping to fasten the run.

[​IMG]

2. caspian

caspian Member

pugs would be the man to ask.

3. Recharge

Recharge Member

That is a really shitty job done there, I'd be getting right up them.
    run that shit properly.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  4. callan

callan Member

I gotta agree. Thats NBN contractor quality.
    The (licenced) data cabling job i had done to chez Callan runs off a catenary.IE:
    [​IMG]

As much as he irritates me Pugs is on the money. Do it right, hot attic or no.

Callan

5. Pugs

Pugs Member

Good thing you irritatte me right back...

I always cable to the edge on a retro fit..but run a "spine" for new builds

6. Nobby6

Nobby6 Member

Technically, there is nothing wrong with how that cable was run, might look shoddy, but you'll find a LOT of residential jobs like that, though most are just laid, not under/over'd and its rare residential jobs are secured anywhere.

7. McRutch

McRutch Member

the best residential is when you see foxtel just run their cables along the dirt under a house on stumps :wired:

Nobby6 likes this.