How do I get a Microsoft dev account? Anyone willing to help me out/give me one?

Discussion in 'Business & Enterprise Computing' started by samboy, Feb 23, 2019.

1. samboy

samboy Member

Hey guys

I am looking for a Microsoft dev account/MPN/visual studio dev account so I can make my dev environment in peace. A few months ago my last employer cut my VisualStudio subscription off 2 years later, it was handy having all those install files etc. to use so I could readily create a dev exchange server and hybrid environments.

I am currently working off the initial $200 azure trial + E5 intune security trial, but what I am hoping to get access to is the iso's for server environments so I can spin something up on my HP DL380.

I am currently working on a home teach yourself style project where I am making a hybrid AD/AAD environment + intune MDM etc. Is anyone willing to guide/mentor me? Also if someone could get me access to a subscription I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

2. NSanity

NSanity Member

Pretty much everything Microsoft is 180 day trial now. This is why they killed the old technet (i think?) subscription.

In terms of doing what you want - you really need the Microsoft 365 Business or Enterprise E5 plans (n.b Microsoft 365, not Office 365). Nothing is stopping you from signing up for one.

3. freaky_beeky

freaky_beeky Member

Are you eligible for the Action Pack?

I haven't used it myself, but I've heard good things.

4. Shags

Shags Member

I can get you any ISO's you want from the official portal - I wouldn't be able to grant access to my account/key though for obvious reasons.

5. wwwww

wwwww Member

You're referring to the Azure dev account right? The one that was formerly Microsoft Imagine that gives you access a range of software like Windows Server and academic keys?

If you have EU citizenship there are a number of universities which you can enrol from here for free - they will give you a uni email address which you can use to sign up freely.

Or you can do the whole enrol in an Aussie uni, sign up for the MS dev acc, then withdraw from all your classes so you don't need to pay anything.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  6. luke o

luke o Member

7. koopz

koopz Member

I signed up online, though I will say this is one of those rare situations where speaking to someone face to face is favourable.

There is a Microsoft office in every state. Make an appointment, go down there and have a chat like you would with your local member of govt.

These guys don't bite.

Remember this - several OCAU members helped Kevvy Rudd along the way to the idea of NBN over time. :D

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  8. ir0nhide

ir0nhide Member

You must be a blast at parties. "do you think the snags need a little longer koopz?" "sure, have I told you about how much of a mess the NBN is?"

9. koopz

koopz Member

I don't understand what you meant there ir0nhide

I'm not sure you are sure either.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019