How does Red Rooster still exist?

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by Active Snail, Oct 23, 2017.

1. caspian

caspian Member

think of it as a gravy floater!

the last one I got was also served at something like thermonuclear temperatures, which was very nice on a cold winter day, but you could take skin off with the stuff like napalm. not something to attack in a business shirt.

2. Audionut

Audionut Member

The only chain that hasn't ever fucked an order up. I prefer KFC, but have an extreme dislike for giving money to a bunch of useless twats. Our local KFC, fuck me dead............

Regular rooster roll combo thanks. Avoid the drive-thru on a thurs or fri night.

3. Radley

Radley Member

Yeah but what do you expect with a bunch of teens that don't give a shit? I certainly don't go there for service. I haven't been to Red Rooster for nearly 10 years as the last time I went it was just some disgusting microwaved roll. I'd much rather roast my own chicken.

4. Audionut

Audionut Member

Fast food, emphasis on the fast. If you wanted gourmet, you went to the wrong food joint!

5. caspian

caspian Member

KFC has really gone to shit. I can only think of 2 stores out of the dozen or so anywhere near my normal movements that I would eat at, the rest are shambolic. my one local RR is slow but pretty good, I just don't see how it stays in business - must do a decent dinner time trade.

there are two in Southern Cross station in Melbourne which move enough product to be fresh. although the sparrows are beyond predatory.

6. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Exactly, I'm not sure what people are expecting really. It's cheap fast food.

7. rthy

rthy Member

do they still do that skinless chicken? of was that kfc

8. Sarsippius

Sarsippius Member

I used to eat RR pretty regularly, there was one literally across the road from where I lived at one point, I think the 1/4 chicken and chips and chicken roll were the main choices iirc. I really don't eat fast food much at all anymore except when on holidays, often at airports, as mentioned fast food is pretty good value in an airport.

9. broccoli

broccoli Member

I got some the other day, and it was really very nice. I was surprised. Hopefully that shop has lifted its game, and it wasn't just a "one-off).

10. Audionut

Audionut Member

Our local is all dinner trade. Crazy busy too, but those chips.....

Was at the Lady Cilento yesterday and spent 8 hours fasting with the boy. Quick trip down to nearest food place that was located in the hospital while he was under and found a ham and cheese toasted sanga for seven dollars and fifty cents. A sanga. Skip that place and moved to the next joint. $8.50 for the same thing, are you shitting me. Why the fuck do people pay these prices and support this trade.

I'll take the microwaved slop, chips and drink for $11 or whatever it is every day of the week.

11. Radley

Radley Member

Yeah I bought a toasted ham and cheese sanga for $12 a few days ago.. it's fucking ridiculous. No wonder people go for shitty fast food.

12. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

They really need to get on the discounting bandwagon, don't see a lot of discounts publicised for them.

13. broccoli

broccoli Member

They do a $5 lunch, half a roll and chips and they have other really el cheapo things on a sign out the front of one I drive past. I can't remember now, but it was dirt cheap. They are also advertising $1 chips, I saw that today somewhere, it said "cheap as chips", it was on a bus-stop or something I went past. Maybe it depends on the franchise in your area as to how much they advertise?

14. antikk

antikk Member

I've actually noticed that the RR's around Melbourne have really stepped up their game over the past 12 months. All the stores that I have been to don't make you stand around waiting for your dine-in order, they tell you to take a seat and they will bring you your meal when it is ready. Nearly every single dine-in meal has also been steaming hot and fresh. Maybe stores are now advised to make dine-in orders fresh, as they are placed?

15. Reaper

Reaper Member

They've always been made to order around here.

16. clonex

clonex Member

Man they all reheated junk half the time, maybe the lettuce is added fresh tho havent had it for ages.
    Stafford heights one was the worst followed by brendale one and one near mt gravatt always has stale chips :D
    Only reason i used to go red roster was because most drive-thrus were 2.7m high so could get the Daily into em.

vladtepes likes this.
  17. OP
    OP
    Active Snail

Active Snail Member

18. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

Franchisor sounds like a pack of mongrels.

There are VERY FEW good franchising options. Franchisees very rarely get what they pay for and are locked into.

Mc Donalds is probably an exception to this, but the entry cost for franchisees is huge. I believe you need $1M equity to start with....

As to why people have JIm's mowing franchises I will NEVER be able to understand.

19. kombiman

kombiman Dis-Member

So many people fall for the charismatic hype

20. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

1 mil now days would be for some shitty place in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. In the early '00s a standalone store in a prominent location in qld was going for 1.75 for a standalone store. Not to mention you can not have partners (only one persons name on the business not even your spouse) ANDDD you could only borrow a maximum of 60%. If that wasn't enough you had get trained (over 12 months) unpaid starting from the ground up, the full Maccas course, which aint overly hard but fucking time consuming and boring as hell.

Things get easier as you prove yourself and lots more opportunities open up but if it's your first store, you also will probably be in the middle of bumfuck nowhere as good locations get offered to current store owners first.

Why anyone would own a red rooster beats me

vladtepes likes this.